Best Lead Management

MrKropp

Expert
I'm an independent health insurance agent, one man shop. I'm looking for a lead management system. I want the following features.

(1) Web Based
(2) Strong email auto responder features
(3) Integration with internet lead sources to limit retyping.
(4) Not overly complicated
(5) Ability to attach files to a lead

Of the ones I tried so far I liked Aimpromote the best, however their system does not allow you to attach file. Without that ability I would still need to keep paper files, which I don't what to do.

AgencyIQ has good integration with a lot of lead sources, but their system is not very customizable.

YIO is not web based and the interface is clunky, like an old DOS program. I don't like it.

Norvax is too expensive at $55 per user min of five.

Can anyone recommend a lead management system for a small shop. If I can't find one likely I will just use an Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks

AgencyIQ is probably your best bet for the money. Especially with the lead integration and the auto-responders. It is not very customizable, but, it does pretty much anything you need for lead tracking. The only real downfall is it doesn't integrate directly with any quoting engines, so you'll need at least one retype.

Just out of curiousity, why is web based a requirement? That throws out several options, such as ACT. Lead management is more a system that you adopt, rather than some software solution. Software doesn't work if you don't keep feeding it, which is where most systems fail.

Of course, I understand the desire for the auto-responders, which is best done on a web-based platform, though not a requirement. I've also come to the conclusion they are not as effective as the people who sell them claim they are. If you had to pay for the stamp on every auto-responder message going out, you probably wouldn't send them. But since you don't, and once setup, they are easy, it's worth it.

Dan

Dan,

Do you use AgencyIQ? The auto responder is a nice feature, but you can't use rules or filters to customize the outgoing emails. For instance I might what to send a different email to a prospect who's in my city than to one more distant. Or I might what to send a email specifically designed for prospects under 30 years old. I imagine that one-size-fits-all messages yield poor results.

I want a web based system because I work with another agent (my Dad) who works at a different location. With a web based system we can cover for each other when required for vacation, doctors appointments, etc.

etelos google crm or infusion are good. But problem is if you use a quote engine you will still have a retype.

How much is Agency IQ I did the demo and liked it alot but never went furthur to see how much laziness I guess. Price?

$30 per month, $200 setup fee

They have a 14 day free trial.

They told me there is no limit on the number of records and no size limits to the database. Not bad for $30. After playing around with for a few days I'm starting to like it.

Dan,

Do you use AgencyIQ? The auto responder is a nice feature, but you can't use rules or filters to customize the outgoing emails. For instance I might what to send a different email to a prospect who's in my city than to one more distant. Or I might what to send a email specifically designed for prospects under 30 years old. I imagine that one-size-fits-all messages yield poor results.

I want a web based system because I work with another agent (my Dad) who works at a different location. With a web based system we can cover for each other when required for vacation, doctors appointments, etc.

For the price, you can't beat AgencyIQ. It is very simple and easy to use. It's affordable ($30 a month I think) and pretty decent support.

The auto-responders are fairly new, I keep bugging Teresa to add a few more functions to them, such as allowing me to add someone to the responder, but it does work well for what it is.

I don't know of any automatic autoresponders where you get a lead and it imports the lead and sends them a followup email immediately, that will parse by data within the lead. It's probably a good idea, but it also tells me that you probably are leaning a bit (as in way) to much on this concept to do your marketing. The point here is to just make contact a few times, automatically. You will NEVER sell anything based on an autoresponder. Use it as a tool, not a solution.

Dan

P.S. My only real issue with Agency IQ is the lack of mail merge for Word documents. I like sending actual letters, they are very effective if used correctly. Agency IQ is a web / email tool, not a paper document sending thing.

Dan

The closest thing I have seen to what you're looking for is an Act w/ Activator combination. Dan can probably give you the pros/cons of the system since I have yet to purchase the software.

Don't get me started on Act with Activator..... Bottom line, don't spend the money on Activator, there are better products that actually do what Activator claims to do.

In fairness, Activator does do what it claims to do, just doesn't do anything you would think it does in order to do what it claims to do. I made the mistake of thinking Activator was an automation software, it's really a sales process software, that has limited automation capabilities.

Dan

Back