Best Lead Program for Selling FE.

Just some observations on generating FE income:

The thing that keeps most agents from reaching their income goals is not seeing enough prospects. So we look for systems to put us in front of prospects. Which is best?

Door knocking - oldest method. You can see a lot of folks but how many will actually let you pitch them? Plus, are they qualified and do they have a bank account?

Direct Mail - everyone has a program with the best response mailers at the best rates right? Well I see the average costs for a 1000 piece mailer at 300-400 dolars and a response rate of 1%. You do the math. You get 10 leads for 300-400 dollars and you get appts with half of them. 5 appts cost you 300-400 dollars. You sell 2 and make $1000. Not enough profit for me.

Seminars/Worshops - Too expensive and too many plate lickers out there.

Pre sets - I do pre set FE appts. Watch out though. Tons of scammers out there. Find companies that have actual english speaking callers. Request recordings of the leads for you to review. Make sure the qualifications are there. The ones I use are screened for age, health, medicare/medicaid, less than 10K in FE currently, and have a bank account. Usually I get to the appointment and the prospect has their life policies out to review. They know what I am coming out to talk about.

Bottom line is there are tons of different programs out there. No one is the best for everyone but for me it has by far been the most profitable using pre set FE appts. I average 15K to 18K a month with this strategy alone. Hope this helps!

I have went through a number of lead companies to find the best. That cost a lot of money and wasted time. What I did was start my own marketing department and just replicated the best scripts/objections. I pay very little because I own the system, server, data, etc. I have 5 marketing reps that call for my agents. You know the old saying, "If you want something done right, do it yourself".

Just curious... What do you think is a fair price for a pre set if you are closing conservatively 35%? For example, Friday I had 4 appointments set for me. I wrote 4 policies totalling $4,440 in annual premium. I did get porched on one of the 4. That's not a typical day but, this month I'm well over 50% close on my pre sets.

ONE BAZILLION DOLLARS :goofy: errr that's what I would charge. Ah let me see, let me try 10 and I'll let you know. :cool:

How much for just one lead?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaos . thanks for the info, that is great production.Can you suggest someone I could call to get some pre-sets instead of being ripped off or mislead? I would really appreciate it. I take it a Pre-set is about the same as a telemarketing lead correct?

Back