Best Life Insurance Carriers in New Jersey

Tomfromtheshade

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am looking to get appointed with several life insurance carriers in New Jersey, however I have found that a lot of the products that I would like to sell have not been approved in New Jersey with carriers that I have looked at.

For example I looked at UHL and their ROP term product is not available in New Jersey, which sucks.

I am looking for half a dozen carriers that have the following products approved in New Jersey...

Graded Benefit
ROP Term
ROP on pretty much any product
Competitively priced term products
Competitively priced UL products

Like I said, I am just looking for half a dozen quality carriers that I can use to run illustrations for my clients. My presentation style depends a lot of giving clients almost every possible option to make the purchase without hemming and hawing and forcing me to come back for a second appointment.

I want to thank all of you in advance for your help on this.

You should be using more than a half dozen if life is your main focus. I don't know what is approved in NJ, but try Prudential, West Coast Life, Banner, TransAmerica, ING/Reliastar, MetLife Investors (but you must sign the app in person with them), Genworth, John Hancock ($750k min. on term), AXA ($500k min. on term), Western Reserve, Savings Bank Life, Lincoln National, Lincoln Benefit Life.

Last edited:
You should be using more than a half dozen if life is your main focus. I don't know what is approved in NJ, but try Prudential, West Coast Life, Banner, TransAmerica, ING/Reliastar, MetLife Investors (but you must sign the app in person with them), Genworth, John Hancock ($750k min. on term), AXA ($500k min. on term), Western Reserve, Savings Bank Life, Lincoln National, Lincoln Benefit Life.

This is my first stab at going independent. I was a captive guy with both Pru and Allstate, so when it comes to getting appointed with places and stuff like that I am 100% green. I wanted to go with half a dozen places to just get my feet wet with the process. Also, don't these places have production requirements? I don't know if I could write enough business to go with more than half a dozen at this stage in the game.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ING has everything in NJ except the graded death benefit. It's late so I don't have the energy to search through all of my carriers but you definitely have options. Check here, too Insurance, Agent, Broker Business Directory
You can go from carrier to carrier and find what you need...
Insurance Journal - Life and Health Insurance Carriers Links this is also a helpful link and a good magazine... I'm off to bed now, happy selling!

That is an awesome link! That should be a sticky somewhere. I still have to go to each carriers website, to see what states they are approved in, but at least now I know who carries what! Thank you very much.
Here is a question. Why is it so hard to find a complete list of companies that offer ROP term life insurance in NJ? Don't you think that the carriers would want that information out there so that if you were trying to get a contract that you would consider them? I could be wrong.

Last edited:
your best bet is to get hooked up with a good general agent, i recommend zenith marketing 800-733-0054 x 6139 charlie collins. more than helpful and has mucho companies under his wing in new jersey. regards insbob

UHL may not have the ROP there but they do have term and WL with a graded (as of March 1). You also have UTA for FE there. Then you have the family of Mutal of Omaha companies that have a vast array of products there. Then you've got Americo, American Amicable, Indy Life and Assurity too.

NJ is not a pre-appoint state so if you have access to a quote engine, you only have to appoint with carriers as the need arises. However, GDB does not show up in the engines.

Fidelity Life and Assurity Life are good options for simplified and GDB term and whole. Transamerica and American General for ROP(many carriers are dropping ROP or increasing the rates).

If you are going to always sell the cheapest you will need more carriers. But add West Coast and Banner and you will have just about everything you need.

your best bet is to get hooked up with a good general agent, i recommend zenith marketing 800-733-0054 x 6139 charlie collins. more than helpful and has mucho companies under his wing in new jersey. regards insbob

Who wrote this?

Back