Best Life Insurance Offered by P&C Companies?

tommymcguet

I'm currently with a captive and have found that my favorite part of sales is life insurance. I sell it pretty well, however, the people I sell to mostly are people who aren't going to do much comparing or shopping. I've found that our prices are not competitive and in many cases are double.

Is this the case for most primarily P&C companies?

Who out of the primarily P&C companies has the best life policies?

I really enjoy getting to know people through the auto/ home process and gaining their trust. I also don't enjoy selling to family and friends. This is why the P&C companies appeal to me.

I'm currently with a captive and have found that my favorite part of sales is life insurance. I sell it pretty well, however, the people I sell to mostly are people who aren't going to do much comparing or shopping. I've found that our prices are not competitive and in many cases are double.

Is this the case for most primarily P&C companies?

Who out of the primarily P&C companies has the best life policies?

I really enjoy getting to know people through the auto/ home process and gaining their trust. I also don't enjoy selling to family and friends. This is why the P&C companies appeal to me.

Does not matter. Sell what you have. Learn your strengths, Sell those.

If you want to have the best products for your clients that usually means going independent. If you really want to change your world you should find another agency to work for that isn't captive.

To answer your question, generally captive agent P&C shops (Allstate, State Farm, etc) are going to be fairly weak relative to the others. It also leaves you with very limited underwriting options.

It may surprise some to know that back when Best's Review did their annual 20-year life insurance net-cost survey that State Farm ranked in the top 3 or 4 for lowest "net cost index".

That was for whole life. They lack some design features that the major WL players have, and their term isn't great, but I suspect that of all the name-brand P&C companies, they would be tops.

If you want to have the best products for your clients that usually means going independent. If you really want to change your world you should find another agency to work for that isn't captive.

To answer your question, generally captive agent P&C shops (Allstate, State Farm, etc) are going to be fairly weak relative to the others. It also leaves you with very limited underwriting options.

That's something I've thought about.

It becomes frustrating to meet with someone only to have them laugh at you when you tell them your price...especially on terms. Places I consistently lose to are NWM, Auto Owners, USAA

----------

Does not matter. Sell what you have. Learn your strengths, Sell those.

I agree with you in a sense. However, the hardest part is knowing that unless it's just someone who has no life insurance whatsoever, that I'm giving them something they could find at a much better rate.

Any recommendations? Would you look for a brokerage with certain companies?

If you are asking me, really depends on what you want and what you need. If you are going to stay in P&C I would probably say Pinney's EZLife I use them under Jeff Root (jroot). They have a unique deal going over there. If going independent I would still look at them as well as interview several others to see who fits your needs.

If you are asking me, really depends on what you want and what you need. If you are going to stay in P&C I would probably say Pinney's EZLife I use them under Jeff Root (jroot). They have a unique deal going over there. If going independent I would still look at them as well as interview several others to see who fits your needs.

Just checked out the Pinney's EZLife and it seems awesome. How can I find out what brokers use this?

Back