Best location (rural vs urban) to host seminar?

Nicolacrayola

Expert
Although I live in an urban area I have gotten such better results in rural, unsophisticated areas with life insurance that I used to drive up to 18 hours to get to prime territory, only coming home once or twice a month. I’m going to be starting Annuity seminars and although some people advised me to stay close to home (probably for no reason other than that most agents would not have the work ethic to continue with going that distance regularly) I can’t help but feel that my old territory would be best for the seminars as well. Eligible seniors around here are bombarded with invitations whereas when I mentioned it to a client in my old rural territory he told me that they had never seen anything like that around there and that people would love it. Anyone have first-hand experience in rural versus urban areas?

Gotta do what you feel is best. I'd admit though... I wouldn't drive 18 hours to work an area. Not lazy, just want my own life on my terms.

The world is shifting to virtual selling methods - Zoom, online webinars (they've been around for a while), funnels, etc.

If you haven't picked up Jeb Blount's book Virtual Selling, you might want to pick that up. As I'm posting this, it's discounted to only $4.99.

Amazon product ASIN B088KVN5MP

Back