Best Mix/Combo for Small Indy Life Agent

TomZack

Super Genius
I was going to just add to some 'knee deep' threads and will continue to drill down on those but....for sake of newer opinions and possible options

Me:
Life guy who is okay selling inexpensive term as I prospect for larger fish for life/retirement solutions

I am overwhelmed with the multiple options for our industry for:
1) Client/agency management
2) Marketing - email, etc
3) Dialing software, lists, etc
4) integrate carrier pricing engine to website, etc

My goal is the most cost effective (cheap?) way to 'start up' with a coordinated, effective system or group of products to:

a) Effectively engage prospects and turn into clients/buyers
b) Managing client info, policies as I grow
c) Stay compliant all along the way

the following link has a number of software options including RadiusBob which has been recommended on this forum. They also list AgentRun, VAMdb, Octane Insurance, AgencyBloc, OnlineDatabase solutions

https://www.vendorfit.com/software/88/crm-for-insurance-agents-insurance-agency-management-system

Is there anyone else who was in a similar position and gotten it figured out and working well for them?

Thanks in advance for anyone generous enough to share their thoughts and experience/answers

Oh yeah - currently setting up telemarketing appt setting with a free newsletter, free report component.

I was going to just add to some 'knee deep' threads and will continue to drill down on those but....for sake of newer opinions and possible options

Me:
Life guy who is okay selling inexpensive term as I prospect for larger fish for life/retirement solutions

I am overwhelmed with the multiple options for our industry for:
1) Client/agency management
2) Marketing - email, etc
3) Dialing software, lists, etc
4) integrate carrier pricing engine to website, etc

My goal is the most cost effective (cheap?) way to 'start up' with a coordinated, effective system or group of products to:

a) Effectively engage prospects and turn into clients/buyers
b) Managing client info, policies as I grow
c) Stay compliant all along the way

the following link has a number of software options including RadiusBob which has been recommended on this forum. They also list AgentRun, VAMdb, Octane Insurance, AgencyBloc, OnlineDatabase solutions

https://www.vendorfit.com/software/88/crm-for-insurance-agents-insurance-agency-management-system

Is there anyone else who was in a similar position and gotten it figured out and working well for them?

Thanks in advance for anyone generous enough to share their thoughts and experience/answers

Oh yeah - currently setting up telemarketing appt setting with a free newsletter, free report component.

selltermlife.com These guys have it dialed in.

Not yet. Visited the site. Got the Jeff Root book. Am reading that now. Read a good few articles on Jeff and Selltermlife

Only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger, at this point, is I already have a basic website, just hired a phone appt setter, and looks like I'll set up with RadiusBob for CRM/email/newsletter marketing.

Going 'full blown digital' looks pretty interesting and a growing wave of the future (even now is strong)

Still sussing it all out. I'm not a big techy guy, but understand what's going on.

Read an article about 2 young guys that Jeff Root helped out a few years ago who now have a nice online business with non-medical life and hard-to-insure types.

So, at this point, some of this is existential in nature.

Goal #1: Sell Life Insurance (because I really want to help people and I believe in it) Term Life Ins. will accomplish that.

Goal #2: Sell Whole Life because it is permanent insurance and will actually pay a death benefit (vs Term - which I read only pays DB about 1% of the time).

So....long story short....no not yet. Maybe they will accomplish exactly what I want, but I don't think I really want to be just a 'term' guy.

Hope I am making a little bit of sense in my response.

Hey, I must be. I just made SUPERGENIUS! lol

Last edited:
Goal #2: Sell Whole Life because it is permanent insurance and will actually pay a death benefit (vs Term - which I read only pays DB about 1% of the time).

SIWL with Term Riders is awesome! I want to show the 25 to 55 market how to " Buy SIWL and invest in a Term Rider " . . . Especially if they have kids, a mortgage and / or a business . . .

Screw the Fully Underwritten WL . . .

Thanks myinsurebiz but.....

Fully underwritten WL is a very good product for many situations.

I wish I had purchased more when I was much younger.

Back