Best Office Fax, Scanner,printer Combo - Cost Per Page

Freddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
There was a thread a while ago where someone picked their favorite combo office printer, scanner, fax, etc.

I think any ink jets are not good because the ink cartridges beed to be replaced often. Any lasers better than others? Any of them with copiers use less ink then others.

I know HP owns the printer technology and Canon owns the catridge technology (where the real money is). I saw a pretty nifty Canon for $299. I usually have a preference for HP in printers.

Thanks. :)

I think you're referring to the topic that I started about a month ago. I ended up with Canon MX860, and I couldn't be happier with my choice. At the time when I asked the question, I didn't know which printer functions would be most important to me. It turned out that I am doing a lot of scanning and faxing, in addition to printing. This printer has a tray on top for batch scanning/copying/faxing, and does the job super-fast. It's built very solid and is not at all expensive, as far as printers go. I got it at Staples for $179. It has 5 cartridges, but I've only had to change the black one so far, at the cost of about $15 (I did quite a bit of printing that first month).

Hope this helps!

How many pages do you print in a month? B&W or color? How many pages do you scan a month?

I have an HP 7780 that if I buy the ink cartridges online probably has the lowest print cost per page of any consumer level office printer. It's scanning / page handling is terrible (long story, but I think they fixed this in the newer models).

I have a Sharp MX-3501 that for higher volume stuff works very well. For color prints, it does awesome. It's probably more than most want to pay for a 1 or 2 person office though. Of course, for high volume printing, there are better alternatives.

You need to be more specific with your question.

Dan

I have a Canon ImageClass MF-4150 that I got on sale for $179 that does a great job of everything.....you can buy refill cartridges of most laser printers online for $15-50 each depending on the model. If you buy them at Staples/Office Depot they're usually $85-120 each. We bought an 8-pack of laser cartridges for our HP 3380 for $120 shipped versus the cost of a single cartridge at Staples for $80. The ones at $15 each are also high-capacity and will print 3-4,000 sheets before going bad.

I have a Canon ImageClass MF-4150 that I got on sale for $179 that does a great job of everything.....you can buy refill cartridges of most laser printers online for $15-50 each depending on the model. If you buy them at Staples/Office Depot they're usually $85-120 each. We bought an 8-pack of laser cartridges for our HP 3380 for $120 shipped versus the cost of a single cartridge at Staples for $80. The ones at $15 each are also high-capacity and will print 3-4,000 sheets before going bad.

Don't ask me I bought a BIZhub from Minolta last year. It does a great job, and the actual cost to print is in the neighborhood of $80 per 6,000 pages, but it was extremely expensive. So much so that I am embarrassed to say.....LOL

It does do a great job, and is super efficient. My fax's come in and are stored as some kind of file. It can then either be emailed to the appropriate person, or you can print it out. It is also completely wireless, which is important, as we have 7-8 people connected to it. I hope this helps......

I use the Brother MFC -8840DN and have never had an issue. It is only b/w but has the ability to scan/fax legal size and also scan in color. And is very fast

Don't ask me I bought a BIZhub from Minolta last year. It does a great job, and the actual cost to print is in the neighborhood of $80 per 6,000 pages, but it was extremely expensive. So much so that I am embarrassed to say.....LOL

It does do a great job, and is super efficient. My fax's come in and are stored as some kind of file. It can then either be emailed to the appropriate person, or you can print it out. It is also completely wireless, which is important, as we have 7-8 people connected to it. I hope this helps......

Sounds like one of the heavy duty printers you'd find at UPS or Kinko's....mine is just a regular all-in-one laser printer that sits on top of my desk. If you need more business functions or have 7-8 people connecting to it, one of the expensive printers makes more sense.

Sounds like one of the heavy duty printers you'd find at UPS or Kinko's....mine is just a regular all-in-one laser printer that sits on top of my desk. If you need more business functions or have 7-8 people connecting to it, one of the expensive printers makes more sense.

Yes, but after seeing how much some of you have spent; I would have been money ahead to purchase one for every individual..............LOL

It does do its job, and also has a 3 yr warranty.

I am looking dead at my Lexmark X7675 right now trying to set it on fire with my mind. I hate it. I hate it hate it hate it. It has an equal chance of shredding my faxes as it does actually sending them, jams itself regularly (and I swear it cackles when it does so), and has a nasty habit of printing everything at an angle.

So, yeah, stay away from that one.

I am looking dead at my Lexmark X7675 right now trying to set it on fire with my mind. I hate it. I hate it hate it hate it. It has an equal chance of shredding my faxes as it does actually sending them, jams itself regularly (and I swear it cackles when it does so), and has a nasty habit of printing everything at an angle.

So, yeah, stay away from that one.

So if I understand correctly, you hate the Lexmark but like Aretha's inaugural hat? :D

;-)

Back