Best Place to Start In Senior Market ?

I am contemplating a Med Supps and FE career direction. I am kind of burned out after the corporate carreer thing as a Stock Broker/Annuity Salesman. Leveled out commissions and relationship selling are attractive to me at this point in my career.
I have looked at Senior Market Sales company out of Ohmaha. They seem to be well organized etc., but I have been around long enough to know that it is prudent to ask for referrals on any major investments I make.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Also, I have been originating Reverse Mortgages for the past 5 years if anyone has questions about that. There are many misconceptions that surround these animals.

Senior Market Sales... not doing business with them. Seems they are usually a day late and a point or two short on the contracts.

I have all of my FMO contracts with www.smsteam.net in Columbia, MO and Premier Senior Marketing out of Norfolk, NE. Other than that I go direct when possible.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with Premier. I am looking at SMS or Senior Market Sales, Inc., Omoha, NE...but what do I know at this point. However, thanks for the info. I will look into Premier.

Senior Market Sales is not bad. Ritter is good too. Tidewater Marketing is another good one.

Newby, you sound like you recruit for SMS. Spammer

When I contracted my MOO with them many years ago I just picked them at random. But they have treated me good through the years and there are some good people there. They are strong on Medicare and LTC. Pretty helpful with annuities. Not as strong with FE.

When I contracted my MOO with them many years ago I just picked them at random. But they have treated me good through the years and there are some good people there. They are strong on Medicare and LTC. Pretty helpful with annuities. Not as strong with FE.

Trying to get a good commission with mutual is what turned me off with them. SMS might be a good place for a new agent that needs support but not for someone that just wants a contract. I ended up getting 3% higher somewhere else when SMS was telling me that it was impossible for them to offer even one more percent. Just left a bad taste.

I am contemplating a Med Supps and FE career direction. I am kind of burned out after the corporate carreer thing as a Stock Broker/Annuity Salesman. Leveled out commissions and relationship selling are attractive to me at this point in my career.
I have looked at Senior Market Sales company out of Ohmaha. They seem to be well organized etc., but I have been around long enough to know that it is prudent to ask for referrals on any major investments I make.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Also, I have been originating Reverse Mortgages for the past 5 years if anyone has questions about that. There are many misconceptions that surround these animals.

I only had my Oxford Life contract with them even though I requested a "Direct" contract with Oxford so that I could get the full 105% commission. SMS only paid 95%, I found out. I requested a release from them immediately and am now contracting with Oxford directly.
Please read your contracts and make sure that they pay you the highest possible commissions or at least giving you something of value in exchange for a lower commission.

I'd look for someone who gives above street level contracts, is a producing agent in the Med Supp market and who has been selling Med Supps for over seventeen years. ;)

Back