Best Practices for Senior Based Start Up

GrowMyAgency

I almost contracted with an FMO as a downline and had no understanding of "downline" and "streetlevel" and FMO/IMO. I do know sales. I asked repeatedly for written explanation of the commission structure almost to the point of exhaustion. I was being worn down with vague answers. I refused to sign. I have been calling and interviewing FMOs to get educated. This forum is AMAZING. I have read thread after thread of valuable information and I am sincerely GRATEFUL to have found you. My goal is to build a Senior's market based Agency, to eventually partner with my husband who is a Securities Industry Field leader when he becomes an advisor and I am starting from scratch. I have searched the threads for FMO/IMO / Best Practices, etc looking for the best way to begin becoming appointed, feel secure in my new relationships, and know I am partnered with the best I can because I have a BHAG. ANY tips or resources you can offer would be so incredibly welcome and appreciated. I don't believe it is wise to ask the FMO/IMOs to tell me industry standards, but I do believe you can help me and I just can't thank you enough for this forum.

I almost contracted with an FMO as a downline and had no understanding of "downline" and "streetlevel" and FMO/IMO. I do know sales. I asked repeatedly for written explanation of the commission structure almost to the point of exhaustion. I was being worn down with vague answers. I refused to sign. I have been calling and interviewing FMOs to get educated. This forum is AMAZING. I have read thread after thread of valuable information and I am sincerely GRATEFUL to have found you. My goal is to build a Senior's market based Agency, to eventually partner with my husband who is a Securities Industry Field leader when he becomes an advisor and I am starting from scratch. I have searched the threads for FMO/IMO / Best Practices, etc looking for the best way to begin becoming appointed, feel secure in my new relationships, and know I am partnered with the best I can because I have a BHAG. ANY tips or resources you can offer would be so incredibly welcome and appreciated. I don't believe it is wise to ask the FMO/IMOs to tell me industry standards, but I do believe you can help me and I just can't thank you enough for this forum.

You have hours and hours of information at your fingertips these days. Countless forums, videos, websites, interviews and even books to learn from. (You kids have it so easy today.)

The tough part is separating the BS from the real info. Most stuff you get as emails and definitely privately messaged on forums is BS. Any FMO/IMO that doesn't email the exact commission grids in print the 1st time you ask is not worth considering. And any that wants you to be satisfied with just saying any variation of the word "Street" is playing you for a fool. Street, above street, 2X street, etc are all vague terms that are mainly used to screw agents that are easily fooled. The only acceptable answer is actual NUMBERS on the page showing 1st year and renewals.

I created a thread of posts on my website several years ago showing exact starting commission levels and other information that helps new agents to not fall into the common traps. It's open for anyone to learn from. No obligation or signs up to access it (which to me is an obvious trick). If you have to submit your contact info to access "free" information someone has offered to you, well it doesn't take a genius to know what is coming next.

Here is that link. The starting commission levels alone is very useful: Getting Started with FE Sales

Good luck out there!

FMO/IMO that doesn't email the exact commission grids in print the 1st time you ask is not worth considering. And any that wants you to be satisfied with just saying any variation of the word "Street" is playing you for a fool. Street, above street, 2X street, etc are all vague terms that are mainly used to screw agents that are easily fooled. The only acceptable answer is actual NUMBERS on the page showing 1st year and renewals.

So true!
My Wife is looking at a few options and just trying to obtain commission grid is a chore.

One rep of a well know FMO/IMO here on the forum told her "Well we don't know if we want to even take you on so not going to send it out" Needless to say my Wife simply moved on. The funny thing is now he's emailing her asking for follow up?!? There's nothing to follow up if he cant share grid or provide any details on commissions.

In the end for any newer person read these forums, use the search function and don't be afraid to PM the forum members (especially those who don't recruit) on this forum to ask for input.

Back