Best product to start

mydream2

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to get into the insurance business and trying to decide what is the best product to start with for someone like myself with no insurance experience.

I am considering Morgage Protection Insurance Investors Financial Group, and wondered if anyone could give there opinion on starting with this product, or should I consider health life products ?

Also I am located in the Houston Tx area, and would appreciate anyone who can suggest a good company to start with that might be willing to train.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.

I say pass on any IMO... It's the mlm of the insurance world. When I first started out I worked for the Notorious Naa... Luckily I didn't stay there that long. Paying 18 dollars per lead that was over a year old is ridiculous. Here's my opinion, go to an agency that works with you. I've worked with Monumental Life for a little under a year. Decent benefits and you get a book and service pay. It starts you somewhere to get your feet wet, without starving. Plus you always and I do mean ALWAYS have someone to see. Realistic pay is 25-50k a year, based on what you lapse and what you sell. Just if you do decided to go captive, pick a company that offers you bene's is what I say, that's the big allure of going captive for me, and I like knowing I'm going to eat that week. But you do make more money if you bust ass as an independent. I say NYL or Monumental. Stay away from Liberty Nat and UA. Especially UA!

Thanks for the great advice, I will difinitely look into Monumental and NYL. I have heard a lot of bad reviews on NAA, on other boards.

Thanks again for the advice.

Thanks John for the advice, but unfortunately Monumental does not offer opportunities in TX as of yet, according to there website, anyone know of a good company in TX to start off with ?

Thanks

If you're gonna be brand new in the biz you really want to look for an agency that will train and support you in person. I really don't have many recommendations although a lot of people talking about NY Life and we have a very nice thread on them.

I say pass on any IMO... It's the mlm of the insurance world. When I first started out I worked for the Notorious Naa... Luckily I didn't stay there that long. Paying 18 dollars per lead that was over a year old is ridiculous. Here's my opinion, go to an agency that works with you. I've worked with Monumental Life for a little under a year. Decent benefits and you get a book and service pay. It starts you somewhere to get your feet wet, without starving. Plus you always and I do mean ALWAYS have someone to see. Realistic pay is 25-50k a year, based on what you lapse and what you sell. Just if you do decided to go captive, pick a company that offers you bene's is what I say, that's the big allure of going captive for me, and I like knowing I'm going to eat that week. But you do make more money if you bust ass as an independent. I say NYL or Monumental. Stay away from Liberty Nat and UA. Especially UA!
Why should I stay away from Liberty National?

Why should I stay away from Liberty National?

Because they suck?

NYL, Mass Mutual, Guardian, John Hancock, AIG and many others have Company Sales Force Teams, now not all have salaries or even guarantee Draws but that is sadly enought the way it is. Yet though I would think Houston being the size it is has some Agencies running around that can really help get you started on the Health or Life side of the business.

Latest posts

Back