Best Products for New Agents

I was wondering if anyone could comment on which insurance products are best for new, independent agents. What are the pros and cons in areas of access, profitability, ease of marketing, high/low start-up costs, etc.

I guess i'm asking for a general comparison of life, health, auto, homeowners, business, etc for new people to the business.

Thanks.

Here is a piece of advice you've probably never heard and might never hear again:

Pick the product line you truly believe in. Pick the one you have passion about and believe everyone is crazy to go without. Then determine if you can make a living selling it. If not, then go with your second most passionate line.

If you really believe in what you are selling, the passion will come through and infect the people you are talking with. Then it won't be so much like selling, but sharing and allowing others to benefit from what you are so passionate about.

If you're just in insurance for a quick buck, you may do well, but it will still be a job. Odds are, you are looking to escape the drudgery of a job. Don't bring it back by doing something you don't believe in.

Here is a piece of advice you've probably never heard and might never hear again:

Pick the product line you truly believe in. Pick the one you have passion about and believe everyone is crazy to go without. Then determine if you can make a living selling it. If not, then go with your second most passionate line.

If you really believe in what you are selling, the passion will come through and infect the people you are talking with. Then it won't be so much like selling, but sharing and allowing others to benefit from what you are so passionate about.

If you're just in insurance for a quick buck, you may do well, but it will still be a job. Odds are, you are looking to escape the drudgery of a job. Don't bring it back by doing something you don't believe in.

Excellent advice.

This week I celebrated my seventeenth year as an agent selling Med Supps. I am very passionate about what I do, if I wasn't I would have probably stopped sixteen years ago.

Selling insurance is work. I probably work harder at it than any other job I have ever had. I still enjoy it.

When it works it's like having a license to steal, however, when it doesn't it really sucks. Yes, there are still days when I really struggle. It's the nature of the job.

Back