Best Profile for IUL?

qfs

Expert
I have done some research however consider myself ignorant when it comes to IUL and viability or lack thereof for a client. I'd like to get feedback from those of you who have experience using IUL and what your experiences have been. Specific companies and products would be helpful. I do most of my business in NY state so i'm sure that eliminates over half the products. Thanks!

IUL can be appealing for wide range of clients. You can even get No-lapse guarantees on an IUL chassis. However, most IUL is going to be marketed and sold on the cash accum supplemental retirement income sale. They also play well on the low premium to endow sale.

They can be one of the most attracting products when structured properly. It's paramount that both the producer and client underand the unique components and specifically how they work. Education is fundamental.

Aviva has some good NY products as do a number of other quality carriers. I would recommend (if you havent already) reading the 16 page brochure on understanding IUL from Aviva. Its one of the most comprehensive guides to learn IUL i've come across.

As always let your fact finder client objectives drive the ultimate product choice. I think you will find IUL can fill a wide range of needs.

Back