Best Rates in Florida

Will somebody please give me the name/s of who they think are the best & cheapest insurance companies.
I'm through with Geico-- been with them pr**ks for 18 years. Always had at least 2 vehicles insured with them. Sold one of the vehicles and the pr**ks raised the price on the vehicle I kept $180 almost as much as I was paying for both vehicles.
I live in Melbourne, FL and I think the rates are different around the state.

Should I just start calling the companies direct or call agents from the Yellow pages?

Thank You for any help---and if I see their damn Lizard walking around down here he's history.

I'm all for seeing people move away from carriers like geico, but just a quick reality check, you could end up having that same scenario with any carrier. I've seen cases where the second vehicle costs essentially the same as having only one, I've even see premium go DOWN upon adding a second vehicle. It's great when the circumstance is opposite yours, sucks when it goes like it did in your case.
Nothing makes my heart leap for joy like geico losing a customer, so I hope you find a good independent agent to do business with, but just wanted to make sure you don't get a sugar coated version of the truth.

Indienoiso, thanks for the reply. 18 years and they still have no qualms about
sticking it to ya.
I'm looking harder for that Lizard everyday!

Indienoiso, thanks for the reply. 18 years and they still have no qualms about
sticking it to ya.

It's just math. The reality is that if a single driver has more than one vehicle, they generally don't drive much more. Maybe you have a truck you drive to get firewood and a commuter car during the week or a nice convertible to drive when the weather is nice and then a more traditional vehicle year round, but the risk they're insuring doesn't drastically go down when you sell a second vehicle. As much as you might be angry at GEICO, it's irrational. Not to say that you might not be able to get better rates if you shop around, but nearly every (if not every) carrier will treat that exactly the same.

You will get the best results calling an independent agent. They will have at least a couple of the "big name" carriers, and some others Youd never find on your own, and wouldn't give you a quote directly even if you did. Likelihood is, the latter will also give you a better rate. Trust me, do this and you win.

Indienoise, will they give me the same service I get by going direct.

Before I was using Geico I signed thru a private agency. Went to work temporarily in South Carolina. I got in a wreck up there which was my fault and I went thru hell trying to get my car repaired.

Thanks for the reply. I will call some agencies and see what kind of quotes I get.

If anybody else has any other recomendations would you be kind enough to pass them along.

Indienoise, will they give me the same service I get by going direct.

Before I was using Geico I signed thru a private agency. Went to work temporarily in South Carolina. I got in a wreck up there which was my fault and I went thru hell trying to get my car repaired.

Thanks for the reply. I will call some agencies and see what kind of quotes I get.

If anybody else has any other recomendations would you be kind enough to pass them along.

I'm sorry, but that's where you're mistaken. Calling companies directly will get you a bunch of telemarketers who sell for one carrier. You might get good service from the carrier, sure. However, they are only interested in selling you *their* products. Speaking with an independent agency will not only help you compare with some carriers you might have already spoken with, but also other carriers who won't sell you a policy direct. You are truly limiting your options shopping this way. If that's what you want to do, that's your choice, but please don't think you're getting the same thing either way.

Back