Best "Sales" Books

What are some quality books to help benefit an insurance agent?

I am new, independent and without any real training. Keep that in mind when making recommendations.

Here's a few:

"You can't teach a kid to ride a bike at a seminar"
David Sandler

"The little red book of selling"
Jeffrey Gitomer

"High trust selling"
Todd Duncan

Then there's also my e-book for insurance sales

"Sell it like it is, selling health insurance in a modern world"

Contact me for more info.

I am new, independent and without any real training. Keep that in mind when making recommendations.

There are a lot of good books out there. But, you still need hands on training also. You need someone to show you the ropes. There are tons of things that a book can not teach you.

Don't get me wrong, books have taught me a lot of things. But they do not compare to having another successful agent by your side showing you the way. This is the reason why a lot of new agents start off captive, until they learn the business and then they go indepentent.

The best thing that ever happend to me when I got started, was a mean boss that yelled at me all the time and forced me to not give up on myself.

I recommend this book also. Amazon.com: How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling: Frank Bettger: Books

Last edited:
There are a lot of good books out there. But, you still need hands on training also. You need someone to show you the ropes. There are tons of things that a book can not teach you.

Don't get me wrong, books have taught me a lot of things. But they do not compare to having another successful agent by your side showing you the way. This is the reason why a lot of new agents start off captive, until they learn the business and then they go indepentent.

The best thing that ever happend to me when I got started, was a mean boss that yelled at me all the time and forced me to not give up on myself.

I recommend this book also. Amazon.com: How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling: Frank Bettger: Books

Mark Rosenthal
[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com

Frank Bettger is the man!

You have to work on the psychology of it as well, just reading the books alone won't do it if you have "the will to fail"

Dorothea Brande "Wake up and Live" is great!

Advice from a failure, Jo Cudert

The Strangest Secret or Lead the Field, Earl Nightingale.

Still all relevant today

Also, An Enemy called Average, just recommend to me, and awesome so far.

by John mason

“You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.”

Charles “Tremendous” Jones

Back