Best Sources for Medicare Leads

Sheila Spears

Expert
I am just about to get into selling Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements and some other anxillary products. I'm wondering what is the best source of leads. I have also been looking for the right Agency/FMO.
One Agency I spoke to likes to rely primarily on working events to create leads and referrals and says this is the most cost effective way to sell Medicare. Another Agency I spoke with sets you up with a call center rep (Phillipine agent) and you pay them full time and they do T65 leads calls and work exclusively for you and also set up all your appointments but this means that you have to pay them full time year round even if you may not need them the whole time so this is what this agency does exclusively to get appointments.

My thoughts are, as a new agent, I'm not sure I want to have only one source of leads. I mean why not mix it up and do some events, some DM leads, some T65 leads, etc. So what do you experienced Medicare Agents feel is the best type of leads to use for selling Medicare products? A mixture of different sources or working exclusively with one source of leads? I appreciate any advice and suggestions anyone has.

Sheila

What should I call you Moses? There are SOOOO many choices. Maybe we could do a Forum poll to see what names we can come up with to call you. This could be fun!!!:jiggy:

You left yourself open on that one. :laugh:

The reason that they should call us that we have a conference call 6 days a week that thousands of agents have passed through throughout the years and we simple give good advice. N.A.A.I.P. leads -

Go guy, have you been to a N.A.A.I.P conference call?

Whatever my company is doing seems to be working. We get bigger every month.

There is demand for what N.A.A.I.P. does which includes 1,000 free mailers for every 5 Medicare advantage sales at the highest allowed by CMS compensation. For med sup it is every 10 sales gets you 1,000 free mailers.

Last edited:
I am just about to get into selling Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements and some other anxillary products. I'm wondering what is the best source of leads. I have also been looking for the right Agency/FMO.
One Agency I spoke to likes to rely primarily on working events to create leads and referrals and says this is the most cost effective way to sell Medicare. Another Agency I spoke with sets you up with a call center rep (Phillipine agent) and you pay them full time and they do T65 leads calls and work exclusively for you and also set up all your appointments but this means that you have to pay them full time year round even if you may not need them the whole time so this is what this agency does exclusively to get appointments.

My thoughts are, as a new agent, I'm not sure I want to have only one source of leads. I mean why not mix it up and do some events, some DM leads, some T65 leads, etc. So what do you experienced Medicare Agents feel is the best type of leads to use for selling Medicare products? A mixture of different sources or working exclusively with one source of leads? I appreciate any advice and suggestions anyone has.

Sheila

Sheila,

Give us a shout if you are still looking for an FMO. You should be using several venues for leads, but DM is tried and true.

Back