Best Study Materials for Series 65

CaNewAgent

Expert
Update: I passed the 65 today on the first attempt. I used Kaplan since I was impressed with their instructors for the Series 6. There is a lot of carry over from the 6 and 63, which I passed a couple of months ago. Other than the Series 26, I'm done with licensing.

I want to get my Series 65 license to go along with the P&C, Life/Health, Series 6 and 63.

I bought the AD Banker books for all of these exams and added the Kaplan book and practice tests for the Series 6. I oviously like AD Banker but have heard the 65 exam is really tough and want to pass the first time I take the test.

Can anyone make a recommendation on which resource they found helpful?

Thank you,

Last edited:
I recommend reading thru the books 2-3 times, and take as many practice tests as possible...There may also be a week training course that helps you cram in your area as well

I passed my 7 and 66 the first time around using Kaplan. I read each text thoroughly once and then back through my notes and highlights many many times. Also used the q bank study questions for at least one hour per day. By the time I took my exams I was scoring high 80s to low 90s consistently. Good luck with your tests

When I took it, I used online Kaplan courses -- they have courses for just about everything. I did those, took the practice tests, looked at my weak areas, studied up on those -- passed the exam first time through.

Good luck!

I used Testaker, passed first time...not bad for an old brain.. with most of the courses, they'll give you enough to pass, but not enough to cover all the questions- like every one has said, study several times, take the tests over and over and you'll have enough to pass the test...the real key then is using the license, lol....not really, it helped my business greatly.

Back