Best use of $5k annual premium for retirement cash?

There is something wrong with non licensed people giving investment advice.

True. It's illegal. I've been securities licensed in the past.

Do you believe I'm giving advice on securities - including buying, selling, holding, or any analysis of securities portfolios?

Note that moving a portfolio of securities to annuities is not securities advice when it is done for the features and benefits of the new annuity contract.

Just a note that even the DOL BICE had an exception regarding providing general investment information as part of the sale of fixed indexed annuities.

Last edited:
In fact why would anyone deal with a product salesman when they could deal with someone that by law has to put the clients interest first

If it takes a LAW to do the right thing, you shouldn't be in public service in any way.

Also, note that a Series 65 is ONLY a fiduciary regarding securities advice. Annuities and life insurance are disclosed as an outside business activity. Which means that it's SEPARATE. And if you are holding yourself out with insurance and investments, then you can go "either way". If you're only holding yourself out as an investment advisor... then you have a perception issue and a compliance issue when you choose to offer insurance solutions.

But I'm not your compliance person.

Alan read your post you said WL has no on going cost of insurance. I was just quoting you.
And again you run to things that are irrelevant to avoid the issue. You now also decide to skip over the fact the Mortality costs are part of every premium paid and are part of every dividend paid and The guaranteed mortality cost of the underlying policy is not at all reflected in the illustrations you use to sell the product. Please show me an illustration where you used only the guaranteed maximum mortality. Please have a WL company any company show their maximum mortality used to produce the guaranteed premium. You Can't because they won't. You are using current mortality assumption and current dividend assumptions that are based on unobtainable investment returns

So now please show me the WL product that has positive cash value by year 5 ,how about year 10

So now please show me the WL product that has positive cash value by year 5 ,how about year 10

None do.

Why? Because it's too short of a period.

In my own analysis, I've figured that a max-funded policy (IUL or WL) would have 75% or greater of premiums paid to year 5 as accessible cash values. That's my litmus test for a max-funded policy.

If it takes a LAW to do the right thing, you shouldn't be in public service in any way.

Also, note that a Series 65 is ONLY a fiduciary regarding securities advice. Annuities and life insurance are disclosed as an outside business activity. Which means that it's SEPARATE. And if you are holding yourself out with insurance and investments, then you can go "either way". If you're only holding yourself out as an investment advisor... then you have a perception issue and a compliance issue when you choose to offer insurance solutions.

But I'm not your compliance person.
Why don't you just study and pass the test.
The whole reason for the fiduciary standard was to prevent people like you convincing the uninformed to take out a reverse mortgage to fund a big LI Policy and earn big Commissions

As for compliance and how I present myself there is no issue at all . That is the purpose of full disclosure so people know you can provide all solutions and you are not limited to insurance for all problems no matter what because that is all you can sell to earn a living.

If you want people to view you as more than a guy trying to push a big life insurance policy on them you should take the step and become a fully license and trained investment professional.

Been there and done that. I have my ChFC designation (which, if you didn't know, is a Series 65 exempt designation).

I think fixed indexed products are superior to securities, purely for the principal protection during down years.

And you never clicked on my blog or anything, and you are assaulting my character.

Your bias is huge, and you think you're "all that". And you think you know what I know.

You don't. Do some reading here on this INSURANCE forum.

Here's my article refuting many assumptions that fiduciary securities advisors often believe.

https://davidkinderfinancial.wixsit...fe-Insurance-is-PERFECT-for-Long-Term-Savings

Oh, and I was quoted TWICE in 25 reasons to love life insurance:
25 Reasons to Love Life Insurance - Insurance Selling Magazine

There's probably a few things that I incorporate about life insurance... that you don't.

And since you assaulted my character and ethics:
Misrepresentation and Ignorance: A Dangerous Blend for Ethics

That is the purpose of full disclosure so people know you can provide all solutions and you are not limited to insurance for all problems no matter what because that is all you can sell to earn a living.

I have two comparison grids where I compare life insurance to 401(k)/IRA, Roth IRA, 529 plans and brokerage accounts on 24 points. And yes, for benefits, permanent life insurance wins.

The other one I have is comparing owning life insurance to owning a home and how similar it is... also on 24 points.

And I don't offer those grids to anyone... but I doubt you could write such a comparison.

Securities fiduciary duty does NOT equal life insurance competence.

I can’t believe all discussion about life insurance. The OP stated that the guy does not need a death benefit, is 52 and trying to accumulate money. If the guy qualifies for a Roth that’s what should be recommended.

Last edited:
Back