Best VOIP Provider.?

been with vonage biz / vocalocity for a long time, going to try Nextiva on my own personal line next week .

From what I've researched is there are a few factors that go into good voip. Good Phone equip, Good router, If possible using a dedicated connection for VoIP...of course then there's bunch of stuff their VoIP provider can do to make your signal have a better quality. For single agents, I would just use a landline and ring central/other voip provider app and have it ring the landline and/or fwd calls to the landline when at home/office.

Let's ax the magic jack/skype/google chat etc. Looking for solid sound quality (I know that is a lot on my end) and a good price. Any suggestions?

I love my (perhaps unique) setup.

Twilio pbx integrated with Zoho's phonebridge.

I'm sure twilio could integrate with other crms if you use something other than zoho...

Love it.

Best by far: OOMA. You buy the equipment ($100-$199) and then only pay the monthly state tax---$3.43 in my area of Los Angeles. No cost for national calls or to Canada or Mexico. I have two OOMA devices--one for my business and one for the home. The both work great.

Caution: must have a good internet connection.

I do a lot of cold calling and no one has ever commented about poor quality.

Best by far: OOMA. You buy the equipment ($100-$199) and then only pay the monthly state tax---$3.43 in my area of Los Angeles. No cost for national calls or to Canada or Mexico. I have two OOMA devices--one for my business and one for the home. The both work great.

Caution: must have a good internet connection.

I do a lot of cold calling and no one has ever commented about poor quality.

Funny, I just got rid of my ooma service to move to twilio.

The device (less than a year old) is still sitting on my desk.

It was good quality...

If anyone wants an ooma device, it's yours for the cost of shipping and a Starbucks giftcard :) - send me a pm and I'll send it to you.

Best by far: OOMA. You buy the equipment ($100-$199) and then only pay the monthly state tax---$3.43 in my area of Los Angeles. No cost for national calls or to Canada or Mexico. I have two OOMA devices--one for my business and one for the home. The both work great. Caution: must have a good internet connection. I do a lot of cold calling and no one has ever commented about poor quality.

I use Ooma as well. I had trouble getting on my weekly conference calls with magicJack. Sound quality is great. I bought a refurbished unit on eBay or Amazon for 50-60 bucks.

Let's ax the magic jack/skype/google chat etc. Looking for solid sound quality (I know that is a lot on my end) and a good price. Any suggestions?

How many lines do you need?

To be honest, I used to feel pretty much like magic jack/skype were worthless, and while I still feel that way about magic jack (for a business use), skype has proven itself to me in many ways. It just works. It does have some limitations, like the number of phone numbers you can dial a day, so it doesn't work for cold calling, but, I've never had a problem with it for quality (unless the internet connection was flakey)..... which amazes me.

Google voice used to be decent, but they don't have a good client anymore. You can get a box that lets you use a regular phone with it and it works pretty decent that way.... and the voicemail is very good.

My solution lately has been to use my google voice phone number with skype for actually making and taking calls. Its a good combination actually.

..... The other thing that gets missed in these threads is if you are using a softphone, even something like skype, yes your internet connection needs to be solid, but you also need enough processing power on your computer to deal with it. Phones don't take much, but if you are doing other things at the same time, you can max out the CPU that will make it a bit rough.

Dan

Back