Best Way to Cancel Geico

DJAJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get Geico policies canceled for your clients. I used to have their fax number but that doesnt work anymore. Calling in with the client is always a hassle as well since they always tell you that someone else has to call them back. Thanks!

Geico has different cancellation numbers by fax or region. We found the new one by asking an employee who had Geico at the time to call in and ask for the cancellation fax. Regardless, the retention department will call the client to offer discounts (some that don't apply) to keep the best customers. They must get a bonus for each account they save.

Geico has different cancellation numbers by fax or region. We found the new one by asking an employee who had Geico at the time to call in and ask for the cancellation fax. Regardless, the retention department will call the client to offer discounts (some that don't apply) to keep the best customers. They must get a bonus for each account they save.

I've got to say, they have their system PERFECTED for retention. Anytime I've had a prospect who needed proof of insurance so I could quote or bind new business, they're on top of it, hounding them. Gotta respect that, even if it's frustrating as all hell.

They are absolute hounds & have robbed me of new clients on 2 occasions. They do have different numbers based off regions, but I've seen those change over time. NEVER let the customer get on the phone w/ them. We also wait 2-3 weeks after our start date to notify GEICO just because the customer is already mentally "switched" instead of "switching."

They WILL call them & if they get your policyholder on the phone they WILL lower their rate. If you need documentation on a prior claim, your only hope is conferencing w/ the insured and controlling the conversation because they'll instantly know why they're calling for it.

RANDOM INFO - GEICO has local offices if you didn't already know that. I met w/ the local field rep & talked to her. They give $100,000 towards marketing each year & pay 10% on the 1st 6 months & then it decreases by 2% each renewal term until it phases out to nothing. TALK ABOUT BULL CRAP! Maybe it's since changed. They weren't allowing her access to homeowners at the time, and now they write through Homesite & sometimes Travelers (although that's always changing.)

Talk about a horrible setup!!

Thanks for the info guys. What a pain in the rear they are.

I am running into this issue today.

I called GEICO to get a fax number to send a cancellation letter. They would not give it to me said they are calling the insured after we get off the phone.

Does anyone have their fax number for PA? Would they even accept an LPR?

I had to impersonate my customer last week to get Geico to cancel. I always give it a few weeks and try faxing but the fax no longer worked. The customer called several times so with her permission I acted like her. They tried to offer discounts, transfer me they said they will still follow up to win me back - took at least 20 minutes of going back and forth before they cancelled it.

I've offered GEICO phone reps jobs on the spot as they're excellent & they do a great job are coercing clients to stay.

I am running into this issue today.

I called GEICO to get a fax number to send a cancellation letter. They would not give it to me said they are calling the insured after we get off the phone.

Does anyone have their fax number for PA? Would they even accept an LPR?

PA Fax for Geico 855-807-9341. I called them last week to send them a cancellation notice. No flax this time.

Back