Best Way to Expand Agency

ncagent83

Expert
What is the best strategy for agency growth? The agency currently has about 10m on the books and hope to get to 15m in 2.5 years. We've been looking at agency acquisition and hiring a producer or two. I've also developed a prospecting plan for new commercial business in the surrounding area.

Just thought I'd get some thoughts flowing!

Last edited:
What is the best strategy for agency growth? I currently have about 10m on the books and hope to get to 15m in 2.5 years. I've been looking at acquiring agencies and hiring additional staff. I've also developed a prospecting plan for new commercial business in the surrounding area. Just thought I'd get some thoughts flowing!

So on July 23rd you were at a crossroads on whether to take a job as an underwriter(or something) or stay at your current agency that you'd been with for a couple of months...and now you have 10m on the books...the Internet is an amazing thing.

Just making an observation. You were also worried about the $20k difference in salary and now you can afford to buy books of business? Something smells funny.

So on July 23rd you were at a crossroads on whether to take a job as an underwriter(or something) or stay at your current agency that you'd been with for a couple of months...and now you have 10m on the books...the Internet is an amazing thing.

Just making an observation. You were also worried about the $20k difference in salary and now you can afford to buy books of business? Something smells funny.

I didn't choose my words carefully. If I was doing 10m myself, I'd be doing alright. But no the agency has 10m on the books. I'm sorry. We had a meeting on growth and they asked my thoughts and I gave them. I thought I'd ask the forum for any other ideas.

Back