Best Way to Get Non-residential Licenses?

defenderzeta

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What /service has a list of the costs and requirements of all the different states to get a non-residential license beyond my current state of Florida?

Also what would you recommend as far as keeping all the nonresidential licenses in order?

What /service has a list of the costs and requirements of all the different states to get a non-residential license beyond my current state of Florida?

Also what would you recommend as far as keeping all the nonresidential licenses in order?

depending on what state you want, but Florida is a participating state and www.nipr.com will get you non-resident license(s) in other states as quick as a few days in most instances

on the home page, select "electronic licensing" on the left hand side...then "home state" to see a list of states participating that you can get non-resident licensing on-line very easily and very quickly...

you have to have a resident license in a participating state first of course

Living in Virginia I've used Sircon.com for obtaining my 16 non resident licenses. They charge a small fee and it's all electronic except for MA and WA I think. Those are still 2 paper application states.

If you use Sircon make sure you save your request number. You can then follow up on the licensing status online. Some states you can print your license online. Others mail it to you.

As far as keeping them in order I have them all scanned on a pdf document in alphabetical order. that way if you need to get appointed with a carrier you can just shoot them the pdf over. Also I keep a list on when each one is expiring. You can add this into your outlook calendar a couple months before they expire. Some states send out renewal notices and others don't.

Last edited:
Living in Virginia I've used Sircon.com for obtaining my 16 non resident licenses. They charge a small fee and it's all electronic except for MA and WA I think. Those are still 2 paper application states.

If you use Sircon make sure you save your request number. You can then follow up on the licensing status online. Some states you can print your license online. Others mail it to you.

As far as keeping them in order I have them all scanned on a pdf document in alphabetical order. that way if you need to get appointed with a carrier you can just shoot them the pdf over. Also I keep a list on when each one is expiring. You can add this into your outlook calendar a couple months before they expire. Some states send out renewal notices and others don't.

I also use Sircon . Very simple and inexpensive.

Last edited:
Process is vary by state by state, but if talk about Florida , you get much faster than other state for the other state information you man need to be consult some professionals.

Process is vary by state by state, but if talk about Florida , you get much faster than other state for the other state information you man need to be consult some professionals.

I'm not licensed in FL, but what's up with their $60 plus $6 per county for an appointment fee for life and health? How many counties are in FL, 20 to 30 or so? If you're appointed with 20 companies or so it seems to add up if you're doing business in every county. Or am I just reading something wrong? Every state has it's quirks I guess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back