Best Way to Prove Production for Higher Contracts

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
As a newly independent agent coming from a captive company I am finding it difficult to prove my production to get higher contract levels. Reporting is very different from carrier to carrier and I am beginning to think the best way to prove production is to just give them my commission statements from each carrier I place business with. Problem is this would require gathering a years worth of statements from a number of different carriers.

Has anyone found a better way to do this?

You could use your 1099's

----------

Or contact Newby or Todd king on the forum, they are honest and can get you as high or higher contracts than anyone else.

A lot of times you're better off going through an IMO that is a bit more understanding about production history.

A lot of times you're better off going through an IMO that is a bit more understanding about production history.

I use Ritter. Its my understanding that its not only the IMO that requires the proof but its also the carrier that requires the proof of production.

@thadsipple
They are looking for proof of production which I assume is quantified as annual premium rather than the non employee compensation illustrated in a 1099. I guess its worth an ask though.

I use Ritter. Its my understanding that its not only the IMO that requires the proof but its also the carrier that requires the proof of production. @thadsipple They are looking for proof of production which I assume is quantified as annual premium rather than the non employee compensation illustrated in a 1099. I guess its worth an ask though.

True, I have used mine in the past, it just proves your a producer or have at least made some money, the IMO does have some pull.

True, I have used mine in the past, it just proves your a producer or have at least made some money, the IMO does have some pull.

I'm sure they can pull for you up to a certain point, I am currently at level 5 and 6 with Ritter for most carriers I contract with. I think at this level they expect you to full on prove it. When I first left the captive company proving production was easy because I only wrote with one company, now as I'm adding new carriers proving production is becoming more difficult.

I'm sure they can pull for you up to a certain point, I am currently at level 5 and 6 with Ritter for most carriers I contract with. I think at this level they expect you to full on prove it. When I first left the captive company proving production was easy because I only wrote with one company, now as I'm adding new carriers proving production is becoming more difficult.

As far as I know, those levels with Ritter don't require proof of production. I think those are street levels.

Anyway, you won't be able to use 1099's. Most companies only ask for proof of the last 12 months in production. There are a couple that ask for 2 years though.

Back