Best Ways for an Insurance Agent to Find New Real Estate Agents, for Business Networking?

desertsun

Expert
I'm looking to make referral partnerships with real estate agents, and naturally I figure newer agents are best for this, because they don't yet have a partnership for insuring their clients homes' for closing. But advice in general for how to find any open agents for these partnerships, and how I should pitch a partnership to them would be greatly appreciated (I want to sound professional to them!).

One way is to go or there to the offices. You can find tons of leads in the yellow pages. Bring coffee, donuts something to get in the door eventually they will let you in get in front of them as many of them a you can. Do this for 6 months you will have more partnerships than you know what to do with. Remember the key is maturing those relationships. Good luck and good selling!

One way is to go or there to the offices. You can find tons of leads in the yellow pages. Bring coffee, donuts something to get in the door eventually they will let you in get in front of them as many of them a you can. Do this for 6 months you will have more partnerships than you know what to do with. Remember the key is maturing those relationships. Good luck and good selling!

I should just walk in and ask for a meeting? And give them food? Any more to it than that?

Of course there is more too it. Sell yourself and your products. The main thing is make contact ask for a business card. Even if they are not available, all business cards have an email address send them a friendly reminder hey I'm the guy who brought donuts for your office. You are an insurance agent they know what you want. Key is making contact and maintaining contact.

Lastly make sure you come through on your promises, it's a small world if you don't wood spreads.

There is no magic just try it you will find that an agent will use immediately.

I am in the same boat trying to establish contact with them so far found one that is already using farmers guy and a Liberty mutual lady but I am still trying. The problem is there so many agents and a few of them are actually selling homes the others are just cruising by and have other business that they are doing.

There is no magic just try it you will find that an agent will use immediately.

I am in the same boat trying to establish contact with them so far found one that is already using farmers guy and a Liberty mutual lady but I am still trying. The problem is there so many agents and a few of them are actually selling homes the others are just cruising by and have other business that they are doing.

I was worried about that with this system/strategy. Would be useless to have 30 real estate agents for referrals if none of them sell any houses...Is this a waste of my time with the current market?

I'm in the mortgage industry and I find that networking with RE agents is tough. I do much better with CPAs and insurance agents(shocker, I'm on this forum).

You may want to get in touch with a few local CPAs...by doing tax returns they will normally be on the front lines. You can train them to look out for the symptoms of overpaying on insurance while they are sitting down at the kitchen table...mortgage lenders/brokers are great too. We do financial worksheets and will know what insurance plans our clients have; and we are pretty trainable too!!!

Sales71 is right though; there is no magic bullet. Its just picking up the phone and pounding the pavement!!!

I'm in the mortgage industry and I find that networking with RE agents is tough. I do much better with CPAs and insurance agents(shocker, I'm on this forum).

You may want to get in touch with a few local CPAs...by doing tax returns they will normally be on the front lines. You can train them to look out for the symptoms of overpaying on insurance while they are sitting down at the kitchen table...mortgage lenders/brokers are great too. We do financial worksheets and will know what insurance plans our clients have; and we are pretty trainable too!!!

Sales71 is right though; there is no magic bullet. Its just picking up the phone and pounding the pavement!!!

I never would have thought of CPA's. I was curious about mortgage brokers. I will try both of these groups out, thanks for the great tip my friend!

Back