Beware Anthem-Wellpoint Broker Portal

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
If you use the AW broker portal for apps, watch out. The last two have not been credited to me and I have had to go back and get AOR and PHI forms from clients.

If they start the app thru your link, then stop the app for ANY REASON and re-enter, the app becomes a house account.

I am told AW is aware of this and trying to correct it . . .

I just discovered this a few weeks ago. No idea how many apps have slipped out of my hands that I did not know about.

If you use the AW broker portal for apps, watch out. The last two have not been credited to me and I have had to go back and get AOR and PHI forms from clients.

If they start the app thru your link, then stop the app for ANY REASON and re-enter, the app becomes a house account.

I just discovered this a few weeks ago. No idea how many apps have slipped out of my hands that I did not know about.

I bet they are...they'll get right on that.

I've had this happen a few times. Usually, a telephone call to my RSM gets it corrected.

I have had numerous calls with my rep. She sends me a 3 pg form the applicant has to complete, including a PHI release.

This happens with Cigna & Humana, too!

Neither of them have required AOR letters (or forms).

I simply notify Cigna Sales Dept every time it happens & they correct it (change Agent info back to me). My local Sales Rep was useless with this problem. I call Cigna Sales directly (for results).
The Cigna problem happens because of a "time-out" feature while my client is completing Cigna's LONG application. Client is "timed out" & instructed to RE-log-in (to a webpage that's MISSING my Agent Info).

-------

Humana - So far, I've been successful with Humana by instructing my clients to send a short, quick email to: [email protected]
...telling Humana that "My agent did NOT receive an email regarding my application. My agent is ____________."

Within 2-3 business days, I receive an email from Humana (acknowledging me as the agent-of-record on the account).

-------

Most of my clients WANT me to be involved in the underwriting process (and realize my value to them). So, a short, quick email (on their part) is not an inconvenience.

It's the clients who've applied online without my assistance that I've probably lost. I'm not a "follow-up" agent. If they don't buy fairly-quickly after I provide them with quotes, recommendations & my link(s) to apply online, I don't EVER know if they "bought" or "waited" or chose one of you other guys to be their favorite-agent.

I'm sure I've lost some; but probably not many.
Cigna's quotes & application process typically require several phone calls (to the agent with questions).
Number 1 question:
It won't take my date-of-birth (on page 1).
Answer:
Use the right format....with the slashes...and it will "take".

Humana's quotes (before you can apply) throw everyone off. They almost never know WHICH plan/options to check (to get the policy we talked about on the phone).
So, they are calling me...from the start.

-------
UniCare (a Wellpoint Company) has NEVER "lost" my applications. I always seem to get credit.
I'm only licensed in Tx.
I don't use Anthem-Wellpoint.

-------

I keep thinking that they are probably TRYING to "knock-out" the agent. But, they'll never be successful till they create a seamless online-application process!;)

I just got an e-mail today from a client updating their contact information and sending out a mass e-mail. I thought this client gave up on the application with United back in January after I went through the whole app with them...twice. So I send a return e-mail asking if they wanted to re-visit the options for their coverage. Turns out they've had the coverage in force for the past 6 months and United somehow turned it into a house account. This was on a $600/month premium - needless to say, I wasn't too happy about it. Currently waiting on a response from my account rep. :skeptical:

That is why you keep a transmittal!

I talked to Anthem about this and here is how it works.

If a client logs off and does not complete the application, they have to be sure to log back in via your agent connect. When the planfinder comes up there is a link for "returning user". They have to use that link.

If a client logs off and forgets the link (happens sometimes) to your agent connect and just goes to AW or Blue .com and logs in there, it does scrub the agent information and it becomes a house account.

This is a good heads up and thanks for posting. Be sure to remind your prospects and applicants to go back through the same link they started with to keep you on as the agent.

Back