BEWARE: C & C Benefits Group--Stay Away

just wanted to bring a note forward about an unscrupulous agency that completely deceived me and stole a very large group from me. beware of C&C benefits group/Universal Benefit Plans and anyone associated with this organization. i brought a group to the table as he was my upline mgr. our agreement was that any product he brought to this group, i would get a piece of. a stupid move on my part was to TRUST this C&C Benefits group. within a two month period, he went to the insurance company and said i had nothing to do with bringing this group to the table and manipulated the insurance company to move me out of the hierarchy. in the same light, he introduced another product to the group and did not include me. he said he had "every intention" of including me but it just was not the right time. this was a group of over 100 agents. after finding out he introduced the second product and did not include me, i called him out on it and that's when he started manipulating the insurance company to move me out of the hierarchy. i did more investigating and found out that i was not the first person he had done this to. i just don't want any other agents to fall prey to this guy. beware: C&C Benefits Group

just wanted to bring a note forward about an unscrupulous agency that completely deceived me and stole a very large group from me. beware of C&C benefits group/Universal Benefit Plans and anyone associated with this organization. i brought a group to the table as he was my upline mgr. our agreement was that any product he brought to this group, i would get a piece of. a stupid move on my part was to TRUST this C&C Benefits group. within a two month period, he went to the insurance company and said i had nothing to do with bringing this group to the table and manipulated the insurance company to move me out of the hierarchy. in the same light, he introduced another product to the group and did not include me. he said he had "every intention" of including me but it just was not the right time. this was a group of over 100 agents. after finding out he introduced the second product and did not include me, i called him out on it and that's when he started manipulating the insurance company to move me out of the hierarchy. i did more investigating and found out that i was not the first person he had done this to. i just don't want any other agents to fall prey to this guy. beware: C&C Benefits Group

I do not know the MGA or the insurance company you mentioned, but I would strongly recommend against posting such specific and derogatory information like this on a public forum unless you have a good attorney to defend you in the defamation suit these folks could bring against you. In such a case, it would be on you to prove that all your statements above are correct.

That being said, you might consider being proactive here and gathering whatever documentation, statements, contracts and emails and take them immediately to your attorney to be reviewed. You just may have cause for a suit of your own, if you feel that it will be worthwhile.

Meanwhile, have you been in touch with said insurance companies to discuss your situation? I know I would in the same shoes, and at the very least I would never write business with them again under these circumstances.

Just curious...but if it is his "opinion,"...and he clearly states that...Would that absolve him of any legal problems?

Any ex-attorneys out there? And no...not PPL!

Well, there goes my retort.

Don't bloggers get in trouble all the time when their opinions are libelous?

There is no liability is stating your opinion. You're free to call people basically any name in the book. An example?

Amazon.com: Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat *** (9780440508649): Al Franken: Books

There is no liability for stating your opinion - none. What you cannot post is false statement - that'll get you into trouble.
So, that means if Rush Limbaugh lost some weight as he has from what I could discern in that last TV interview with Chris Wallace, Al Franken is in for a "hefty" potential defamation suit.

He cannot sue - as you can tell by the book's release. Why? "He's fat" is a fact that can be backed up by the standard BMI chart and "he's an ***" is an opinion.

Where bloggers get in trouble is by calling people "thieves" or "liars" - those are statements of fact you might have to back up in court.

For example, an agent friend of mine posted stuff about Mega Life just like that; called them thieves and liars - Mega in turned sued him forcing him to back up his statements.

Now, if you're talking about a personal experience that can be backed up you're fine "ABC agency cheated me out of commissions." As long as they actually did so and you can prove it they can't touch you.

Back