Beware Cold Solutions Marketing

Can we ban Janet Petri from the forum?

Why? She has a grand total of 1 post. Her post was probably accurate, albeit misleading. She basically simply said she's talked to agents and that cold solutions has been good to her. Okay, she neglected to say they have been good because they give her a paycheck.

Also, my guess is, she is an agent who uses their system.

Misleading? Definitely. Voilates the new rules of the board? We'll need a new rule for this....

Dan

According to their website, she is an employee of Cold Solutions. Therefore, it's more of a flat-out lie than misleading.

Or investors union which is the parent company. Don't be a schmuck like me. They "book" appointments but brow beat old people to say yes and once they say yes you're charged. These are not quality appointments. I'm not saying they should guarantee annuities are there or how much or will there be a sale.

It's a very clever scam which works for them. They could book an appointmen with a golden retriever if it sound like the dog barked "yes" for and proposed appointment date.
I have had a terrible experience with Cold Solutions. First they hounded me until they had convinced me that all appointments would be qualified with verified assets. I got excited and purchased over $3000. worth of leads. After running about 10 without any closes, spending the appointment time trying to explain that I was a "servicing" agent there not to discuss any specific annuity - this was the ploy taught by Cold Solutions. I felt very uncomfortable with this process, it did not seem ethical. I complained about the lead quality, also. Their general response was assets were verified and would not bend. Out of the 45 appointments only 20 saw me of those only 2 or 3 truly had assets I could possibly close however because of the unethical solicitation I did not pursue any sales. Later I found they were forced by the Ohio Department of Insurance to change their postcard text. Being suspicious of Cold Solutions' processes I am essentially now stuck with 365 names and addresses of people deceived by the Cold Solutions postcard. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE - CALL YOUR STATE'S DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE.
***Anyone having any success at getting your money back?

I was researching Cold Solutions because I was leary of signing up with them and this was very useful. I wanted to add some more stuff I just found. There are several comlaints with Better Business Bureau's poste d on the internet. There are some law suits filed as well. Here so links I found.

Office of the Illinois Attorney General - Deceptive Mailers To Generate Leads

This one is good. 166 complaints in 36 months, 41 in the last 12 months. Almost 4 complaints a month! HMMMMM!

Akron BBB

Ohio Dept of Insurance - Insurance Department finalizes formal action against Investors Union, LLC

Ill. A.G. Sues Companies for Deceptive Mailers for Annuity Sales to Seniors

Matthew Denn, Delaware's Insurance Commissioner

If anyone buys from them after reading these links they should have their head examined.

I am glad I found this site, thanks guys.

I just received a notice that Cold Solutions has closed down for business. Anyone aware of this and the reason for it? I had just signed on for some leads. I wish I would have seen this website first.

Well everyone can rest easy now regarding Cold Solutiuons. Following is a copy of an email I received regarding the current disposition of this company. Yes I was fool hearted and bought into the program. Fortunately I just purchased it with my credit card and have been reassured that I would be getting my money back. So if any of you want or need to contact this guy, here is the information.

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 12:05 PM
To: Account Resolution
Subject: Cold Solutions is Closed

Malynn Law Firm, Inc.

a Legal Professional Association

Steven R. Malynn, Esq.

3593 Medina Road, #257

Medina, Ohio 44256​

December 19, 2007

Re: Closing of Cold Solutions

Dear Cold Solutions Client:

Investors Union, LLC has administered the Cold Solutions™ marketing program, which developed into the nation’s leading provider of qualified Pre-Set Appointments since 2004.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond the company’s control, it has ceased operation.

The company has been privileged to serve over 3000 agents, having set over 160,000 productive appointments with consumers to provide them with access to agents. They are proud to note that not one consumer ever complained to the company about any appointment held. This is a testament to the professionalism of you, the independent agent, and they would like to thank you for the opportunity to have served you.

Any further questions should be directed to my office at [email protected]

Ummm, anyone care to guess what the "circumstances beyond the company's control" were? What a crock.

Back