Beware of SENIOR MARKET SALES

Craig, the reason for my doubts is due to the obvious runaround he's already gotten and the fact that they won't reply to my emails.

I like reciprocal agreements as well. I wouldn't mind doing one with them (if I haven't already), but they just seem hell bent on going around me. I'm wondering who THEIR upline is for Foresters. Maybe I should demand a reciprocal release with them too. :biggrin:

Todd, you have valid points and I get what you're saying. I'm not meaning to stick my nose in here other than to say Dwane's a stand up guy and will do what he says.

I love it when a bunch of rich FMO's argue about 1 of their agents out of 20,000. Really going to cut into their bottom line.

I agree to some extent. If you've been around any length of time you know out of those 20,000 agents, maybe 5%-10% actually produce enough to make a living. I have contracts with other FMO's where they don't get much, if any business from me. Sometimes they get business for a little while because the carrier is competitive for a brief moment. And then they get nothing else. So assuming axe is a producer, I can see why an FMO would fight for an agent. On the other hand, if I were recruiting, I wouldn't want to keep an agent on board who didn't want to be with me.

I think if you ask enough people you can probably find somebody who has had a bad experience everywhere. I have had a good experience with SMS out of Omaha. And I have had a good experience with Todd. I have a buddy who had a terrible experience with SMS out of Missouri, and he was a top producer with them when he was there. So it's too bad that SMS in Omaha treated you this way.

Reciprocal agreements are BS. As an agent we aren't responsible for this crap.

In the absence of chargebacks any marketer that doesn't release within 24 hours is a dishonest pile of garbage. It's my career and how dare anyone stand in the way.

This is why I constantly point out the really bad places to contract. Busch, RBI, Applied General Agencies, etc.

Rick

I think if you ask enough people you can probably find somebody who has had a bad experience everywhere. I have had a good experience with SMS out of Omaha. And I have had a good experience with Todd. I have a buddy who had a terrible experience with SMS out of Missouri, and he was a top producer with them when he was there. So it's too bad that SMS in Omaha treated you this way.

I'm willing to bet he isn't they only person they've treated this way.

Everybody has a good experience until they don't. I had a good experience with them for many years. Then I made an innocent post here on the forum (repeating what a carrier rep told me about problems with certification and questioning the carrier rep as it pertained to this FMO - meaning I didn't believe what he said regarding this FMO and them not being certified with a particular carrier). That's when my bad experience began. It was implied that if I didn't remove the post then they wouldn't help me get the problem resolved. I requested more than once to speak to whomever at the FMO was making this demand and they would never speak with me. And I'm definitely a producer. Was told by my rep at the FMO I was one of his top 3 producers in Georgia. If management is going to threaten me, at least be man enough to speak to me personally and not through my rep. Here is a quote from one of the emails regarding the issue:

"the folks in charge don’t like good (or bad) comments posted on the internet super-highway"

If that were true then they'd be contacting everyone on here who has posted something about them, good or bad.

That's when I decided I would start my migration to another FMO for senior products. Now I have one carrier left on the senior side and one annuity carrier left to move from this FMO and I will be done with them forever. Ritter is where most of my senior contracts have gone. Craig is definitely one of the good guys in this business and will work to resolve any problems.

My point to you is, as long as you never have any problems I'm sure everything will seem great. But the moment there is a problem, you're likely on your own and they won't necessarily do what's in your best interest, but what's in theirs.

The only reason for an FMO to hold up a release is if the Agent has a debit balance AND the FMO would be responsible should the Agent have chargebacks that require a cash payment back to the insurance company because the Agent can't be found or made to pay-you can't blame an FMO for protecting themselves. Some FMO's require that agents provide a credit card and a guarantee should this happen (which is completely fair, IMO).

In the absence of the above there is no justification for reciprocal agreements between FMOs, we are not chattel to be used as pawns-it's happened to me a couple of times (not with Medicare products) and was not only irritating but unfair.

IK applaud Dwane for doing what he said he would do. It should have never gotten to this point. Barring a debt that won't transfer with the contract to the new IMO/FMO, there is no good reason for and agent to be help against their will. We don't own the agents and many IMO's need to take good note of that.

Back