Beware of SENIOR MARKET SALES

Heck I was with an agency in Louisville, KY that not only refused to release me as they told me they would over 10 times, they stopped paying me on renewals all together and now hold over 1,000 dollars in reserve account money that they won't give to me either.

Some people out there are absolute scum. I've learned that the hardest way possible. Some of the business I wrote under them took me over 1 year before I was paid.

To make matters even worse, I discovered they are paying agents under street level on most contracts. Its absolutely atrocious.

It appears that the release wasn't the only problem. If they kept your renewals it appears as though you assigned your commissions to them. Big mistake!

It appears that the release wasn't the only problem. If they kept your renewals it appears as though you assigned your commissions to them. Big mistake!

correct, I was very green into the business and was lead to believe by them that it was in my best interest. Big mistake nonetheless.

correct, I was very green into the business and was lead to believe by them that it was in my best interest. Big mistake nonetheless.

Yeah, I found a life company this week that I though might solve some of the things I want but when I checked on contracting, I was told I would have to go through an agency in Knoxville that requires commission assignment.. Had to pass on them and keep looking. Seems there is always a fly in the ointment.

Yeah, I found a life company this week that I though might solve some of the things I want but when I checked on contracting, I was told I would have to go through an agency in Knoxville that requires commission assignment.. Had to pass on them and keep looking. Seems there is always a fly in the ointment.

Does anyone on here know labor laws for companies when you do assign commissions to them. I assigned my commissions, and I wasn't getting any leads, I paid for all my licenses and exams and e&o, and I also paid all expenses and business cards. It just seems like if a company is cutting you, they have to uphold some end of their agreement.

They also typically pay employees renewals whether the employee has left them or not, this is their policy, they have just made an exception for me and a group of my friends. We left because we weren't getting any value because they were cutting us and not providing us with anything.

That's a shame that they require an assignment of commissions. I'm in Knoxville and there aren't many agencies in the senior market. Just curious on which carrier and agency that wanted you to assign? I don't require assignments.

Does anyone on here know labor laws for companies when you do assign commissions to them. I assigned my commissions, and I wasn't getting any leads, I paid for all my licenses and exams and e&o, and I also paid all expenses and business cards. It just seems like if a company is cutting you, they have to uphold some end of their agreement.

They also typically pay employees renewals whether the employee has left them or not, this is their policy, they have just made an exception for me and a group of my friends. We left because we weren't getting any value because they were cutting us and not providing us with anything.

My best advice is to suck it up, forget about them and move on. I and many, many other successful agents got started the same way in this business. Took nearly a year before I broke away and went fully independent. Rates go up, roll your former clients whenever possible. If you can't- forget them and move on.
I know it sucks, but you will have a much better life if you spend your future time with your own independent contracts, prospecting, and building a nice book of business rather than harboring anger at that type of agency that preys on new agents that don't know better. Think of it as tuition for getting into a career with unlimited earning potential and not ever having to answer to anybody again.

I'm a recruiter for Senior Market Advisors and I assure you we are in now way affiliated with that company.

Our website says, "If your business doesn't grow with SMA, you're free to find another home. But we'll do our best to convince you to stay!"

Also we don't ask you to assign your commissions to us. We send those straight from the carrier to you.

There's no reason not to release someone from a contract. In my opinion that's just bad business.

I'm a recruiter for Senior Market Advisors and I assure you we are in now way affiliated with that company.

Our website says, "If your business doesn't grow with SMA, you're free to find another home. But we'll do our best to convince you to stay!"

Also we don't ask you to assign your commissions to us. We send those straight from the carrier to you.

There's no reason not to release someone from a contract. In my opinion that's just bad business.
I have worked with Senior Market Sales for years and my commissions come directly from the insurance company.

Back