Biden proposes richer health premium tax credits

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Biden proposes richer health premium tax credits | BenefitsPRO

Biden is calling for Congress to:

• Provide funding to pay to the COBRA coverage continuation premiums for workers who are losing access to employer-sponsored coverage. COBRA costs are high for workers because workers typically pay the full premiums for COBRA coverage rather than splitting the cost of the premiums with employers. The COBRA premium subsidy would last until Sept. 30.
  • Expand eligibility for and increase the value of the Affordable Care Act health insurance premium tax credit subsidy, to keep anyone from having to pay more than 8.5% of income for coverage.
The Biden-Harris transition team estimates the proposals would reduce premiums for more than 10 million and keep millions of people from being uninsured.

I'll believe it when I see it, Remember Obama's plan benefited the group that didn't get the ins anyway

and made those that always had ins suffer the most

Also, put a lot of pressure on state govts with the yearly reducing fed funding while pushing states to add more to the Medicaid rolls

Also, there is the effect on the economy the tax's how much will it raise tax's

Never seen anything like this work well, though I have seen it get stuck even medicare has been a constant worry running out of funding increasing cost

vic120 said:

I'll believe it when I see it, Remember Obama's plan benefited the group that didn't get the ins anyway.

Years ago, when Obama was in office he had COBRA largely subsidized for nine months, if I recall correctly.

vic120 said:

I'll believe it when I see it, Remember Obama's plan benefited the group that didn't get the ins anyway.

Years ago, when Obama was in office he had COBRA largely subsidized for nine months, if I recall correctly.

Yea so it went away and there were a huge cost and the same that went on with Trump though he did it for a temporary reason the corona

However, Obama was trying to make his long term look good with short term sugar high

Like a magician

The PCIP program also fizzled out when it ran out of money.
Deficit spending is now the norm, more $$ on the way. Just add a zero at the end.
Many will now be newly eligible for subsidies vs having the 400% FPL cliff.

Obama also gutted DSH subsidies because he thought everyone would have health insurance.

Actually, he thought most folks would go on Medicaid.

He completely missed the mark on both.

I rarely find reason to quote Romney, but he nails it here when debating Obama.

Biden proposes richer health premium tax credits | BenefitsPRO

Biden is calling for Congress to:

• Provide funding to pay to the COBRA coverage continuation premiums for workers who are losing access to employer-sponsored coverage. COBRA costs are high for workers because workers typically pay the full premiums for COBRA coverage rather than splitting the cost of the premiums with employers. The COBRA premium subsidy would last until Sept. 30.
    • Expand eligibility for and increase the value of the Affordable Care Act health insurance premium tax credit subsidy, to keep anyone from having to pay more than 8.5% of income for coverage.
The Biden-Harris transition team estimates the proposals would reduce premiums for more than 10 million and keep millions of people from being uninsured.

CONFIRMED: House Dems' COVID-19 relief bill includes 2-year boost to ObamaCare subsidies | TheHill

Latest posts

Back