Big Changes for Minnesota Health Exchange

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Agent pressure caused the Minnesota governor to yank the exchange from the insurance commissioner due to his attempt to push out agents, and threaten to veto non qualified plans outside the exchange. This is contrary to the free market, all products, agent friendly Private Minnesota Health Exchange This should be fun as the states jockey for the Nov 6th elections and the Nov 16th application deadline.

Minn. governor removes exchange creation from state insurance regulator | LifeHealthPro

Healthcare agents and brokers were very public in their displeasure with Rothman, with one health insurance agent representative noting that Rothman had spoken of envisioning a world (at least in regards to exchanges) without the need for agents. Rothman also let the Minnesota House and Senate know that a bill containing a provision to permit a market of nonqualified plans outside of the exchange would be vetoed if passed, according to the Minnesota Association of Health Underwriters (MAHU), which has been saying since early spring that the Commerce Department — and the Administration — have offered no transparency in creating an exchange.

I know the UT health exchange quickly figured out they were spending 90 percent of their resources traking down info needed from applicants. Now they require applicants to have an agent in order to purchase health insurance on the exchange. From what I understand UT exchange is set up for only group as of now and pays $37 PMPM.

I know the UT health exchange quickly figured out they were spending 90 percent of their resources traking down info needed from applicants. Now they require applicants to have an agent in order to purchase health insurance on the exchange. From what I understand UT exchange is set up for only group as of now and pays $37 PMPM.

What info do you need?

Back