Big Vendors Holding Agents Data Hostage

jtmgolf00

Expert
Have any of you run into this - I do some part time consulting with agents evaluating systems - sometimes they change - sometimes they stay. I deal primarily with smaller agents (under 10) and something is really troubling -

Vertafore just quoted an agent $2500 to get their 360 data - this is less than a year after of paying thousands to go from Prime to 360 - 360 was never a fit for the agency but you know how pushy they are to move people off of old platforms (have fun qq users) . And because of the attachment encryption it could be even more -

I have seen QQ make agents wait over 30-40 days to get their data - Hawksoft doesn't have a convertible database - believe it or not Applied is the best at this but still charge too much.

Whose data is it? It is shameful of these vendors to take advantage of their customers this way. Agents signing up for systems should get that clarified before choosing a new system. And why doesn't the high priced consultants ever make this an issue (well I actually know the answer to that one - buttered bread and all)

Agreed. The data is the agents. Period.

At ITC we make it easy to take your data out of our rating and management systems at anytime.

We believe in an open environment where agents should be free to choose what products they want to use. If our rating system meets your needs but you have outgrown our management system, then you should be able to move without penalty.

This mindset also applies to our open infrastructure which allows us to work work with nearly every management and rating system out there.

Wait so they are making the Agent pay to export the data they input into their software? Or they have to pay to transfer the data into another software not owned by Vertafore?

----------

Have any of you run into this - I do some part time consulting with agents evaluating systems - sometimes they change - sometimes they stay. I deal primarily with smaller agents (under 10) and something is really troubling -

Vertafore just quoted an agent $2500 to get their 360 data - this is less than a year after of paying thousands to go from Prime to 360 - 360 was never a fit for the agency but you know how pushy they are to move people off of old platforms (have fun qq users) . And because of the attachment encryption it could be even more -

I have seen QQ make agents wait over 30-40 days to get their data - Hawksoft doesn't have a convertible database - believe it or not Applied is the best at this but still charge too much.

Whose data is it? It is shameful of these vendors to take advantage of their customers this way. Agents signing up for systems should get that clarified before choosing a new system. And why doesn't the high priced consultants ever make this an issue (well I actually know the answer to that one - buttered bread and all)

You're a consultant for insurance agents?

Me & 3 other agents just signed w/ AMS. Each person was told a different price & I caught my sales rep red handed in a lie. SCUM BAG company & they're buying up marketshare so I fear it will get worse

Sorry I just saw this. You could run reports and get the basic CSV data. I know we are TechCanary have done that for customers.

Otherwise, the overall documents are lost if you do not want to pay for it.

Vertafore really holds you hostage in that regard.

Thanks,

Sam Head

Back