Billboard advertising....any good?

Labman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Have any of you guys who that method just to get your name out in front of people? I'm curious if there is any worthy benefit to doing so.

That's an expensive way to go. Can't say I have seen insurance billboards other than carriers (Blue, KP for example).

If you want to do print advertising, and if your market is mostly blue collar, you might want to check out mass transit advertising. I have seen insurance ads on the back of busses. Those were for health insurance, not supp products. No idea if they are successful or not.

One agent told me it was a bust.

Another agent put it on her rear window in vinyl letters and she had received one call so far ( 30 days).

A bus bench would be just as effective and a lot less money.

What about small advertising items, such as pens, koozies etc? Are those a waste of money as well? Thanks!

Its a bust for what we do.

It is a BRANDING TOOL, LOCATION FINDING TOOL (Turn right for Cracker Barrel) not a CALL TO ACTION TOOL.

Name one website or phone number from a billboard you passed today. I rest my case.

I disagree with all of you. I have both a billboard and a wrapped VW bug that advertises my business. The best bang for your buck is a wrapped vehicle, particularly one with a unique shape, such as a VW or a PT Cruiser. There is value to individual branding of yourself and everybody in my community (300,000+) knows who I am. The billboard is not quite as effective, but combined with the car it is very effective. They don't cost as much as you think and you can often work out deals with the media groups that handle the boards. You just have to be persistent.

If you want the same results as everyone else, then advertise like everyone else. Unfortunately, 80% of insurance agents aren't very successful with their advertising, so why follow in their footsteps?:)

Its a bust for what we do.

It is a BRANDING TOOL, LOCATION FINDING TOOL (Turn right for Cracker Barrel) not a CALL TO ACTION TOOL. Name one website or phone number from a billboard you passed today. I rest my case.

This is a spot on post!

I disagree with all of you. I have both a billboard and a wrapped VW bug that advertises my business. The best bang for your buck is a wrapped vehicle, particularly one with a unique shape, such as a VW or a PT Cruiser. There is value to individual branding of yourself and everybody in my community (300,000+) knows who I am. The billboard is not quite as effective, but combined with the car it is very effective. They don't cost as much as you think and you can often work out deals with the media groups that handle the boards. You just have to be persistent.

If you want the same results as everyone else, then advertise like everyone else. Unfortunately, 80% of insurance agents aren't very successful with their advertising, so why follow in their footsteps?:)

What do you have on your wrap vehicle? What did it cost? I was quoted $3,000 by one place.

What do you have on your wrap vehicle? What did it cost? I was quoted $3,000 by one place.

Is 3k bad for 5 to 7 years worth of advertising? Not being condescending, simply asking? It really is a moving billboard, not sure how affective, but.

I do think you need a very quick message though, and a huge phone number, that should be most of your wrap, imho.

Back