Billboards for P&C Agents

agent C

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Do you find that billboards are an effective form of advertising if the cost is not to high. If they do work, what factors go into making them profitable.

Never tried them. I doubt they are directly profitable, but help build your image and name recognition.

My experience is most passive marketing is purely that, marketing, not sales.

Of course, this could be very regional as well. We have very few billboards in my area (Bay area, California), most towns have outlawed them.

Dan

I think it will get your name out there, but I'm not sure about any more sales. My local state farm agents has a big billboard in Griffin. We all know who he is and what he does, but I'm not sure if it makes anyone stop by and buy insurance from him. But I think it helps get his name out.

I think statefarm pays for it. It would not be worth the price of a billboard. Most of them down here are like 1,000 a month.

Do you find that billboards are an effective form of advertising if the cost is not to high. If they do work, what factors go into making them profitable.

Here's where billboards work:

When you've got a restaurant at the next exit off the interstate that's got easy on/off access. Other than that, you're wasting your money.

here is my opinion on it. Yes they can work and you can get some business is you have an easy number or catchy website. Other wise ask you self when the last time was that you could write a number down while driving and or remember it or a website with a long title.

I wonder if it would just be better to have a car magnet. I bet you would get more results then a billboard.

I have a car magnet on my truck and I am actually thinking about getting a few more for my CSR, wife and parents. The billboard just seems like a good idea based on price since I would also be able to CO-OP the bill and I think my phone number and website are pretty easy to remember.

Back