Billing in Healthcare

Jenna Flores

The more I read about healthcare, the more amazed I am at how much money people make at the expense of the sick.

The American Medical Association continues to hire lobbyists to help stop laws against doctors overcharging. Insurance companies lobby for their incentives, not to mention pharmaceutical compies are in the same boat, even worse with paying for commercials advertising medication to the public on national television. At some people, I hope honest; humble people become leaders for these organizations to instill affordable healthcare.

Greed has captured the hearts of people in these industries, and sadly Americans have allowed it.

If anything, CMS should require each hospital, medical facility, PBM manufacture, and insurance company to have a monthly audit. Providers are billing for more than one case at a time. Insurance companies deny billings due to ACA guidelines, not recognizing the patient's health holistically. At one point will these industries stop point fingers at each other and learn to work together to ensure people's health is not a money-making industry.

The more I read about healthcare, the more amazed I am at how much money people make at the expense of the sick.

The American Medical Association continues to hire lobbyists to help stop laws against doctors overcharging. Insurance companies lobby for their incentives, not to mention pharmaceutical compies are in the same boat, even worse with paying for commercials advertising medication to the public on national television. At some people, I hope honest; humble people become leaders for these organizations to instill affordable healthcare.

Greed has captured the hearts of people in these industries, and sadly Americans have allowed it.

If anything, CMS should require each hospital, medical facility, PBM manufacture, and insurance company to have a monthly audit. Providers are billing for more than one case at a time. Insurance companies deny billings due to ACA guidelines, not recognizing the patient's health holistically. At one point will these industries stop point fingers at each other and learn to work together to ensure people's health is not a money-making industry.

What is your background that makes you an expert on these matters?

What is the profit margin of these industries that you are flogging?

What is your definition of affordable health care?

Hi Somarco.

I never said I was an expert. You made that assumption. Quote Socrates, “All I know is I know nothing,” and in the health industry this statement couldn’t be more true.

If you want profit margins, feel free to look them up. They vary between hospital, insurance, and PBM. They also vary between geographical location as you may be familiar with unusual and customer fees for medical procedures.

My definition of the Affordable Care Act is that it has good intentions, it just doesn’t work the way it was attended to. It’s not really affordable; it just provides insurances to those who can not purchase insurance through employer or affiliated association.

I am an licensed life and health agent, and my goal in joining this forum is not to stir trouble, rather to express thoughts and ideas to help me gather new perspectives than my own.
Thanks!

“All I know is I know nothing,” and in the health industry this statement couldn’t be more true.

Very true.

Yet you come on here, extolling the horrors of health care and yet, now you admit, you know nothing.

Frankly, that was obvious from your post, but I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you want profit margins, feel free to look them up.

No need, I know what they are. I still want to know YOUR impression.

Do you have a problem responding?

My definition of the Affordable Care Act is that it has good intentions, it just doesn’t work the way it was attended to

Au contraire!

Obamacare, the UNaffordable care act works as intended . . . except it fell short of producing Medicaid for all.

And it did absolutely NOTHING to lower the cost of health care, nor did it make health insurance affordable. In fact it did the opposite.

I am an licensed life and health agent,

It seems you have a license to kill instead of a license to peddle insurance . . . of which you know and understand almost nothing.

'
it is a first post might be a troll

More likely, a Lefty who wants to "save the world" from those who offer a business model to raise the level of care and provide a way to pay for over 80% of the cost of care.

Maybe Left-eye Jenna will do better with post number 3, but I doubt it.

Thank you for making this experience worthless. I disagree with your attitude. Bless your heart, hope you bitter attitude is blessed with kindness.

What is the profit margin of these industries that you are flogging?

Profit margins do not matter. Insurers are working with a much smaller margin than decades past due to regulations. But they are making larger profits than ever before (as a dollar figure), due to unrestrained Cost of Care increases.

Id much rather a 5% margin on $2b vs. a 10% margin on $500m.

The whole "profit margin" debate with healthcare industry is a false narrative that is not taking into account the reality of the money being made.

So they operate under a smaller margin... but they have done nothing to control the cost of care... so they make a ton more money off the smaller percentage... while saying "our margins are smaller than ever".

Last edited:
Back