Birthday Cards or Letters?

K-Dub

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Colorado
I have been thinking about this over the past 2 weeks and would like some input on what great agents do.

Obviously keeping in contact with clients is important, I think most agent do not do enough througout the year. When it comes to birthdays what do you send out? Email? Card? Letter? Gift?

Also, would you send a card to the children of your clients on the policy? I was thinking about this and said, how many people get birthday cards for their kids from their agents?

What do you think? Is sending a birthday card to the kids over doing it?

I can only tell you what I have been having the best success with. LETTERS! I use to send cards and stopped for several reasons.

Letters are more personal, they cost less and my clients seel to like them a lot more. I get a lot more phone calls thanking me for the letter than I use to when I sent cards.

I would definitely not send an "e-card". I sometimes get those and they are deleted as fast as the birthday card I receive from my P&C agent is thrown away that is sent out by State Farm. My agent doesn't even know that I'm having a birthday.

I design my letter with a cartoon at the top and each letter is personally addressed to Mr., Mrs., or Ms so and so. (I can do these very quickly and easily using the computer program I have.) I personally sign each one and put a PS at the bottom thanking them for their business and ask them to pass my name along to others they know.

If you want your client to feel "warm and fuzzy" send out a personalized letter. You want them to be your clients, not the insurance companies.

If you would like to see a sample of one of the letters I send out I will be happy to send you one. Just send me an e-mail with "birthday letter" in the subject line. My e-mail address is: [email protected]

Sometimes I send letters to spouses who don't have insurance with me but never to children. My thinking is, that if the children need insurance the parents are going to buy it, they aren't. If they become a client they get a letter.

Absolutely, LETTERS!

Everyone does cards. Few people, if any send a letter, let alone a handwritten letter.

Suggestion:

To add an even special touch, go to a stationery store and buy an old fashioned wax seal.

Seal the letter with the wax embossment. Very high-end, nice personal touch.

One of the best ideas I ever heard:

Send birthday cards to the KIDS of the parents with a $1 bill inside. This gets the kids loving you and so the anticipate getting their card from you...so parents hate to leave after a year or two. Also if you stay in this game long enough when the kid needs his/her own insurance you can guess who they come to.

Frank

Frank,

Quote: "I design my letter with a cartoon at the top and each letter is personally addressed to Mr., Mrs., or Ms so and so. (I can do these very quickly and easily using the computer program I have.)"

Sounds like a very interesting program, I've just been re-typing new names & addresses at the top. Is it part of a client management software or something different? What is it exactly?

Yes, the program is very interesting and hands down the most affordable, quick and easy to use client management software currently available.

The built-in Mail Merge function lets the user send letters to groups of clients and prospects with the touch of a button. Although the letter is not built into the program it can be created very easily in the Mail Merge portion of the software.

If you would like a copy of the letter send me an e-mail at [email protected] with "Birthday Letter" in the subject line.

If you would like a free, full-working Demo of the program go to www.YourInsuranceOffice.com

For more information give me a call at 877.633.0808.

Hunter said:
One of the best ideas I ever heard:

Send birthday cards to the KIDS of the parents with a $1 bill inside. This gets the kids loving you and so the anticipate getting their card from you...so parents hate to leave after a year or two. Also if you stay in this game long enough when the kid needs his/her own insurance you can guess who they come to.

That is a great idea, although I would change it to a $2 dollar if you can obtain one. I used to receive a $2 bill once a year from my nana and a hess truck from my uncle every year when I was a kid. You can guess what I still put on my christmas list ever year! That's right, a HESS truck. Awesome collectibles.

Yea...I did it for like six months and then...well...you get the idea.

I think it is best if you have a secretary that can take care of it for you.

The key in consistency.

Back