Blogging

rugerred

Guru
100+ Post Club
What makes a good original blog? How long should it be?
Trying to come up with new relevant content is a huge task in my view. Am I over thinking it?

Last edited:
Blogs should be about 400 words or more. You should choose a specific keyword to write about. make sure the keyword is in each of the following Heading 1, heading 2, Heading 3, body of the blog between 2-3% of all of your words should be the keyword, make it bold one time, underline it once, put it in italics once, and add an image and make the alt tag the keyword.

write about things going on in your local community or about insurance related matters. for things to write about go to google.com type in the search bar certain topics and let google show you options, these options are what people look for, typically a long tail keyword will get you noticed more because there is less competition for these.

Post to your blog at least once per week.

i am attaching a few screen shots so you can see what i mean about the Heading 1, 2 and 3, etc as well as where to find topics and keywords to write about.

in my image for google long tail keywords i used blog post as the subject just for demo purposes, you will use something related to your product or community and google will give you ideas....

Attachments

• blog post headings underline bold.jpg
    blog post headings underline bold.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 24
  • blog post ideas.jpg
    blog post ideas.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 20
  • alt tag.jpg
    alt tag.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 24
Ya know chumps, I thought about writing about vision insurance. I see you did also, I had the idea because so many people ask about it. I wear glasses and so does my daughter. It isnt worth the premiums but people want it anyway. See I did read your blog.

Hi rug. Actually, I just threw in a blurb about vision insurance but not really an entire article. But it would be a nice side-topic to add to your blog, especially if you can link to UHC or another carrier that you can write for.

By the way...It's ironic that your Forum name is ruggered.

In high school, I always wanted to lay carpet, but I just wasn't that rugged.

Last edited:
Hi rug. Actually, I just threw in a blurb about vision insurance but not really an entire article. But it would be a nice side-topic to add to your blog, especially if you can link to UHC or another carrier that you can write for.

By the way...It's ironic that your Forum name is ruggered.

In high school, I always wanted to lay carpet, but I just wasn't that rugged.

No it is actually Ruger Red (label). My favorite pheasant gun. My daughter stole it by the way.

Back