Blue Commission Announcement in Florida

Agentinjax

Expert
Well this week we finally found out what the commission for selling within the exchange under Blue will be here in FL...All I can say is :no: ! Especially regarding the renewals $2.50-$5 PMPM. No pay on Catastrphics or Temporary. The initial pay is not that bad I suppose but, definitely substantially lower than anticipated. Most paying around 8%.

Are they going back to percentage or is that an estimate of the per person on app?

Oh, we have not found out yet.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the commission schedule yet in spite of a promise that they would be released last Monday but the lack of a viable renewal commission rate just means they are setting themselves up for books being transferred from them next year.

Can you share whether this is commission % or are they sticking with the PPM model? If it is the same as prior years, with children paid at lower levels, agents get a big screwing on this as well as renewals.

Call me unimpressed with this offering.

WE just got notice Friday and actually, they sent us a copy through the regular postal mail as well.

It's a dollar amount...per person...no percentages! Depending on the metal level and where you live. In the south, you get a bit more. Other parts of Florida it's between $105-$210.

----------

I was not impressed with the offering either especially considering all the time and energy that has been spent promoting and working weekends blah blah blah and the fact that other carriers are using % similar to whats in place in the under 65 market anyway.

WE just got notice Friday and actually, they sent us a copy through the regular postal mail as well.

It's a dollar amount...per person...no percentages! Depending on the metal level and where you live. In the south, you get a bit more. Other parts of Florida it's between $105-$210.

----------

I was not impressed with the offering either especially considering all the time and energy that has been spent promoting and working weekends blah blah blah and the fact that other carriers are using % similar to whats in place in the under 65 market anyway.

It's the same as the last couple of years, then.

Why should anyone spend hours working through the Exchange to place business that may or may not go through?

There are going to be lots of $600+ premiums under ACA-$200 per member is about 3%.

I'm essentially done with them-premiums are double what they were before ACA and commissions are half of an already low number in 2013.

The winners are the CGA's who are probably getting almost as much in overrides as agent lst year commissions. They hire and send hundreds of know little-or-nothing agents out there and blow smoke up their butts about adding ancillary products to the quote to up the compensation.

Blue wants exclusivity just because of this-thousands of agents knowing nothing other than the crap they spout.

Screw 'em, I don't need them, period. My business is fine without it, thank you.

From what I've read in this thread, it seems like the Florida Blue (Blue Cross?) is acting like they don't need or want agents. Is this how they've always been?

I thought our IL colored company was going to behave badly due to having 75% of the state market share already. They did cut ACA 2014 commissions from 10% to 6% First Year, but from what I've read here, it could have been much worse.

Is Florida Blue the lowest priced company in the state Exchange-Marketplace?

Depending in what county, no Florida Blue is not the lowest price.

Well when they have their seminar's they always say that the agents are an integral part and yes they want us. But over the year's it has become apparent, as they build these retail store's, that they don't want who built them in the first place. I would assume that agentinJax is not a cga and these commission's are after his cga is paid. In the past bonuses have been paid to MGA's and CGA's for production and most have never passed them down to the agent's. I believe they are paid pretty good.

Well when they have their seminar's they always say that the agents are an integral part and yes they want us. But over the year's it has become apparent, as they build these retail store's, that they don't want who built them in the first place. I would assume that agentinJax is not a cga and these commission's are after his cga is paid. In the past bonuses have been paid to MGA's and CGA's for production and most have never passed them down to the agent's. I believe they are paid pretty good.

they blew smoke up every agents' butt for the past year about how valuable they were then come out with this compensation package.

No wonder it took them so long.

I've been fortunate to work with a decent CGA and did receive a $5K bonus a couple of years ago for being in the top 20 producers statewide during an end of year bonus program.

The average agent renewal now for Blue is about $3 per adult, per month. I'm guessing the CGA's get another $2-3 PPM (maybe more), when you have hundreds of agents with a decent book of business it turns into a pretty good renewal income stream-I know they get a significant override on Medicare (much higher than U65).

----------

Confirmed by test from my CGA today-same commission structure as last year, same crappy renewals, possibility of a one time 'migration fee' of under $100 to move people from a 2013 plan to the Exchange.

Bye, bye, blue, you aren't worth my time.

That's good news, BlueDiamond. You can still do what's best for the clients, while doing what's best for yourself at the same time, in the right counties. Thanks for replying. ac

Allen, Florida Blue is a captive company

$3 renewal is SOOOO sad, it creates a situation where you have to find new bodies to sell, and you won't be able to manage the book as you have to grow it to bring in a decent renewal income. 1000 clients = $3000/mo.

Even 2% at $500/mo is $10/mo, the minimum to make it worthwhile. 1000 clients = $10k/month.

Back