Blue Cross Blue Shield TN MedSupp Increase?

Getting word that folks are receiving their rate increase letter -- any of you folks who call on Tennessee MedSup holders getting the same thing?

That is music to my ears. When I hear things like that I also hear the ching, ching of money going in my checking account.

Go to your program and print out a report showing everyone who you have talked to in the past several years who told you they have BC&BS. Pick up the phone, tell them how much you will save them and sell them a Med Supp for a much lower rate.

BCBST comes out with new rates annually for 6/1. It makes them uncompetitive until other carriers increase near year end. BC pays crap for commission.

Logged into the bcbst.com site (sold a lot of it back in the day when underwriting was lax/ they took alzheimers, oxygen, and practically everyone). rate sheet doesn't show new rates that I can see. Still show rates updated on 6/1/11.

Logged into the bcbst.com site (sold a lot of it back in the day when underwriting was lax/ they took alzheimers, oxygen, and practically everyone). rate sheet doesn't show new rates that I can see. Still show rates updated on 6/1/11.

Shouldn't change until 6/1/12 as they are will continue to enroll at the current rate until that date.

If they pay them at all...

I'm working from memory but $150 annual flat commission is what I think it is. If you put a certain amount of premium with them, it may go up (next year).

They set commission rate on individual medical based on prior year's volume. Their HDHP plans are good. Network S saves 12% over P.

I think med supps are similar re: commission - prior year determines comm level. Screw them unless you have to sell them. You have little leverage for your clients on individual business.

You can make them jump through hoops on groups of any size.

Everyone should move to California, BCBS actually lowers their rates over a 5 year period instead of raising them.

Back