Blue Cross Florida Question

insurance5511

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
ga
Looking to get appointed with them since i hear they are the largest in Florida. But if a client has a Bcbsfl already and you reapply them for 2018 on same plan or different, do you get Commisions on it?

yes i understand, for Florida i will just write them..but am curious if they pay me if i submit a current bcbsfl policy holder..I called bcbsfl and they have no idea
thanx

A lil birdie told me that a new FB rule in 18' is if the client is already on marketplace, and has a FB agent or retail center on the application already, that the original agent will stay on the app each year going forward. So, you will have to find new untouched prospects. Agents win, client loses. But, someone from FB should probably verify or change the above, as I don't work for them.

A lil birdie told me that a new FB rule in 18' is if the client is already on marketplace, and has a FB agent or retail center on the application already, that the original agent will stay on the app each year going forward. So, you will have to find new untouched prospects. Agents win, client loses. But, someone from FB should probably verify or change the above, as I don't work for them.

To add to this point, I also heard FB is doing away with commissions for assisted renewal. So if you already have a client with Florida blue and help them choose a new plan you wont be paid anything. However, if the plan renews I'm assuming you will receive renewal commission.

What if direct with FB off mkt or on marketplace with no AOR attached yet? The do it yourselfers

My understanding is if it is directly on marketplace and they have not had an agent you will receive the commission. If it is direct with FB or one of their blue stores no you are not supposed to receive commission. I guess you can change the AOR on marketplace all you want but it's what FB has on record that will count in the end.

My bitch with all this is all hard could it be in the past years when you took one of these over to just change the damn AOR in the system? Just a few numbers and it's done. I did take a lot over last year from the blue store because of their incompetence. I have already spoken to a couple of them and told them they would have to go back to blue store.

This all stems from some clown coming in behind you and telling the applicant the other agent didn't know what they were doing and I will change your plan to such and such. A lot of that went on last year. Seems some of these other appointed agents had lists of damn near everyone on a blue plan and would sit and change agent on marketplace. You then turned in a tracking form to your agency and they tracked the commissions to make sure you were paid. It is just too easy to look up someone's application in the marketplace. Wow, who would have thought to just ask for a name and DOB? Seems to be more fraud in this business today that 20 years ago.

----------

To add to this point, I also heard FB is doing away with commissions for assisted renewal. So if you already have a client with Florida blue and help them choose a new plan you wont be paid anything. However, if the plan renews I'm assuming you will receive renewal commission.

Just reverse your statement.

Im getting referral calls from current bcbsfl clients pist about rate increases of course, they want to switch to a bronze plan...Are you guys writing these up or is it true no commish?? I feel bad not helping them as they are referrals...thanx

My understanding is if it is directly on marketplace and they have not had an agent you will receive the commission. If it is direct with FB or one of their blue stores no you are not supposed to receive commission. I guess you can change the AOR on marketplace all you want but it's what FB has on record that will count in the end.

My bitch with all this is all hard could it be in the past years when you took one of these over to just change the damn AOR in the system? Just a few numbers and it's done. I did take a lot over last year from the blue store because of their incompetence. I have already spoken to a couple of them and told them they would have to go back to blue store.

This all stems from some clown coming in behind you and telling the applicant the other agent didn't know what they were doing and I will change your plan to such and such. A lot of that went on last year. Seems some of these other appointed agents had lists of damn near everyone on a blue plan and would sit and change agent on marketplace. You then turned in a tracking form to your agency and they tracked the commissions to make sure you were paid. It is just too easy to look up someone's application in the marketplace. Wow, who would have thought to just ask for a name and DOB? Seems to be more fraud in this business today that 20 years ago.

----------

Just reverse your statement.

Since I responded above things did change according to someone, even it one went directly to marketplace first year and we assist now WE WILL NOT GET PAID, our agency has to be the original AOR.

Latest posts

Back