Blue Cross of Florida questions

No problem, I appreicate the knowledge. I don't sell BCBSFL and have no reason or desire to. Plenty of fine plans here in FL. Most people have BCBS so I really only need to replace it in FL.

At least I better understand the regulations and availability of GI pertaining to the Blues. I was not aware of this.

Enjoy your holiday Dave.

No problem, I appreicate the knowledge. I don't sell BCBSFL and have no reason or desire to. Plenty of fine plans here in FL. Most people have BCBS so I really only need to replace it in FL.

At least I better understand the regulations and availability of GI pertaining to the Blues. I was not aware of this.

Enjoy your holiday Dave.

You too, thanks!

Look, interplan transfer is an option, yes it can be a very expensive option. In a perfect world we would have full 50-state matching reciprocation, however that is not reality.

If someone can get through another carrier's UW, great, certainly place the case and help the client.

But, someone who is really really sick does not have a lot of options. If they must move, then they must accept what is available, either pools or GI coverage from the carriers. For me, it is knowing what options are available, what rules are in play and what the choices are.

Hope everyone has a great labor day and BBQ, drink a few cold ones and relax!

Last edited:
In some states it's known as a t wire transfer. A good agent would tell their prospect to do the t wire and also fill out an individual app to see if the individual was approved and then drop the transfer policy. Dave is right about blue card and I've never had a client that travelled anywhere in the US not receive in network benefits if they used a blue card Doc in any other state.

Lentini you have to have a resident license in Florida to sell Blue Cross of Fl not a non-resident.

No clue where to post this:

Has everyone received all the aep pay they were owed?
I am still waiting on over 11k

Back