Blue Cross of Michigan Supplement

Mstafford823

Expert
I heard that BC of Michigan Plan C is going to go up significantly this year, has anyone heard anything about this and if so, when and how much?

Thanks for any input

No confirmation yet from my sources but I do have a feeling and my track says a rate increase north of $200 month. That would put a lot of current customers (over 200k) on the legacy in a situation they have never been in for years.

No confirmation yet from my sources but I do have a feeling and my track says a rate increase north of $200 month. That would put a lot of current customers (over 200k) on the legacy in a situation they have never been in for years.

You have any more details than this? Your track? Will it still be community-rated where all will pay the same, whether they're 45 or 95?

You have any more details than this? Your track? Will it still be community-rated where all will pay the same, whether they're 45 or 95?

Not yet, but the current legacy customers will be the first to be notified by letter. Most likely it would stay a community rated plan with possible subsidies still given. There is a lot of under 65 that would be effected on SSID. We shall see, nothing in writing yet.

I have received 2 calls from clients this week, one is going up to 236.00 the other 216.00 so doesn't look like its a flat state rate..what is this subsidy you're talking about..trying to figure out what to do with all these people

I have received 2 calls from clients this week, one is going up to 236.00 the other 216.00 so doesn't look like its a flat state rate..what is this subsidy you're talking about..trying to figure out what to do with all these people

It hasn't passed for rates through the DOI yet but looks likely this is what it is going to be. No community rates anymore expect regular increases like attain age rates. There is an endowment fund set up for possible subsidies (between $45 and $145) to offset the cost but it requires an application and its for lower income at levels close to extra help (around 17k).

FWIW, I know what BCBS of MI probably wants you to do, which is to put them on one of their MA plans, assuming it is available in their county. Other than Anthem, I think they have the largest number of MA enrollees among the Blues.

Back