Blue of TN Axing STM

ChrisN19

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Well it looks like blue in TN is laying the axe to STM plans after 8/30/16:
After much thought and discussion, we will no longer offer these plans after August 30, 2016. This applies to new
policies and renewals.

They will also no longer accepting credit cards as a form of payment.
And to cap it all off, we will also be losing the back door into HC.gov and the ability to enroll through he plan website. The crap snowball just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Last edited:
Well it looks like blue in TN is laying the axe to STM plans after 8/30/16:
After much thought and discussion, we will no longer offer these plans after August 30, 2016. This applies to new
policies and renewals.

They will also no longer accepting credit cards as a form of payment.
And to cap it all off, we will also be losing the back door into HC.gov and the ability to enroll through he plan website. The crap snowball just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

The whole Short Term market is very odd right now. It seems some states are really pushing it and others are cutting it all together. BluesSC just blasted out an email this morning pimping their STM plans and the new bonuses available for selling them.

Common recurring themes:

Cutting costs and limiting distribution.

I'm glad agents don't fall in these categories. :D :swoon:

Common recurring themes: Cutting costs and limiting distribution. I'm glad agents don't fall in these categories. :D :swoon:

Oh I figure it's just a matter of time before we get cut out of the equation too. I'm down to just blue in my area anyway. UHC and Cigna isn't writing a thing in my area and Humana is so limited it isn't funny. Thankfully I am moving more toward other lines more and more.

Back