Blue Shield of CA _ Commissions' Messing-up

JonDo2312

Hi,

Does anyone in here have problems with Blue Shield about commissions? They keep missing commissions on your clients (even with those paid immediately at your office or you already set up automatic payment for them). Moreover, based on the clients paid premiums, they pay our commissions but many times they take back and leave negative balances (This does not count on the bonuses in the last two ACA years).

I have contacted them many times since last year but many cannot solve. I hope what happen to me is a only case that BS mess up. Otherwise, we have to gather together to find out the way to stop this miscalculation, including hiring a lawyer to work on it.

Share your experience or problem with BS if you have. Thanks!

Virtually every carrier has these kind of problems. Agents have complained about not only the different Blue plans, but Aetna, Cigna, UHC, Humana ..... the list is almost endless.

It's a vast right wing conspiracy.

I just got done reviewing my recent Blue Shield of California commission statement.
I had 23 med supp clients that instead of paying me my normal 10% renewals, they paid me a flat $5.
I'm sure this will take 6 months to fix.

I just got done reviewing my recent Blue Shield of California commission statement. I had 23 med supp clients that instead of paying me my normal 10% renewals, they paid me a flat $5. I'm sure this will take 6 months to fix.

For what it's worth, $5 is what BCBS of Georgia pays for U65 Med Supps. But they pay it annually which means I can get one Starbucks per year.

For what it's worth, $5 is what BCBS of Georgia pays for U65 Med Supps. But they pay it annually which means I can get one Starbucks per year.

Ouch.... So any service work and your at a loss.....I am assuming they can't be moved.

Just noticed yesterday that Anthem had only paid me for two months of commissions on a NV policy I wrote....they paid January and February, then just stopped paying me. No explanation. I'm actually more surprised when the companies pay me correctly. How these things happen with off-exchange policies is just absurd....there's absolutely no reason they should be screwing up so many of these. They all blame it on their "new systems" for ACA, but it's been five F'n years already! It doesn't take five years to fix software.

Back