Blue Shield of Ca....no Agent Commission for You!

DS4

Guru
1000 Post Club
Usually, my BS of Ca check is direct deposited by now. So I call to inquire. If you are looking for your BS of Ca commission check, don't hold your breath! Should arrive towards the end of the month.

Usually, my BS of Ca check is direct deposited by now. So I call to inquire. If you are looking for your BS of Ca commission check, don't hold your breath! Should arrive towards the end of the month.

I can see some of these companies permanently changing the monthly payout date to the 28th, due to having to reconcile the prior month's insureds premium payment receipt with the Government's subsidy portion payment, which arrived at some point in the current month. They merge the two, calc commission and pay.

About every 3 - 4 months Anthem BX misses a direct deposit and sends me a check. As if that isn't bad enough, one of the checks they sent last year was made out to me, not my agency. Seems they had been direct depositing commissions for that line of coverage into my agency account for a couple of years and reporting to the IRS under my SSN, not my FEIN.

That was fun. Only took 3 months to get that settled and a corrected 1099.

Back