Blueprint Starting Out

My advice is to learn your apps, learn your apps, and learn your apps so you can always place the best plan possible to each client. Don't sell a worse plan when you have a better one available just to make more commission for yourself. Put your client first and it will reward you back your entire lifetime. Of course it does help to subtly let your clients know that you have put them first.

Hi DHK,

Thanks for your input...Do you have any thoughts of getting those clients in the beginning besides just marketing friends and family?

Thanks

If your mentor cannot answer that question during your first week, come back and ask again. Your mentor should be able to guide you for all of this.

However, just don't neglect your own prospecting. Let him guide you, but don't work FOR him.

Give him a chance to mentor you first. It's not working, then come back.

Thanks to all that have posted their thoughts and wisdom here for me today. I am going to wait and see where it all goes and come back at another time.

Thanks and see you soon! :biggrin:

Oh one more thing. Throw away all the recruiter's mail you get after you get licenced. They buy list of fresh meat. Get a couple different email accounts. Try to keep your client account as clean as you can. Same with the one you use for companies you are contracted with. Recruiters and companies will spam the crap out of you. If anyone is pming you already off of this thread, delete them.

Thanks WinoBlues!!!! I will take that also in consideration.

Thanks for your time and direction;)

Oh one more thing. Throw away all the recruiter's mail you get after you get licenced. They buy list of fresh meat. Get a couple different email accounts. Try to keep your client account as clean as you can. Same with the one you use for companies you are contracted with. Recruiters and companies will spam the crap out of you. If anyone is pming you already off of this thread, delete them.

2nd This, When I fist went independent I signed some secondary contacts with a recruiter that called me sounded great, 1 was for a supp company with FREE Mailer, Promised clients will call me like crazy, I wouldn't need to call them,

Yea sent me over sized post cards I had to put stamps on and cost me 2 x as much a reg mailer from mail house, No one called and I had to try and cold call to make up the cost.

Furthermore sold me on great Life company, I never used till recently, I switched my contract to another FMO but because the company has a rule I can't be paid new fmo comish for 6 months I am taking a cut on my first deal,

you can be taken way to easy before you know the market, Especially beware of the Free Leads

Back