BNI for Personal Lines

VolAgent

Guru
5000 Post Club
I haven't seem much on here about this of late. Is anyone in BNI and having success?

Yes, lots of success! I've been in the chapter for 5 years or so and have most of the members households. The big thing is to have a good loan officer and realtor. It varies, but I was getting 3 new homes (then going after autos) from the loan officer each week.

Would you care to share some of the techniques, systems, methods that you have used in BNI to make it successful for you?

It sounds like you are averaging 3 new households a week from BNI, that is fantastic.

I don't really have any special techniques or systems, just a very good working relationship with the mortgage broker in my BNI chapter. I've educated him on the difference of my independent agency and the captives. He has a trusting relationship with his clients and talks with a lot of them and recommend they get in contact about insurance.

I know there's been months where he closes 15 loans and i get 1 or 2 referrals, but there's other times where i get 3-5 per week.

My main referral sources in the BNI chapter are the mortgage broker and the real estate agent. Often times they work together and have both referred me. The financial adviser passes some here and there and i get a fair amount of referrals from the roofer in my chapter.

It's all a matter of networking with the right people in the group.

I don't really have any special techniques or systems, just a very good working relationship with the mortgage broker in my BNI chapter. I've educated him on the difference of my independent agency and the captives. He has a trusting relationship with his clients and talks with a lot of them and recommend they get in contact about insurance.

I know there's been months where he closes 15 loans and i get 1 or 2 referrals, but there's other times where i get 3-5 per week.

My main referral sources in the BNI chapter are the mortgage broker and the real estate agent. Often times they work together and have both referred me. The financial adviser passes some here and there and i get a fair amount of referrals from the roofer in my chapter.

It's all a matter of networking with the right people in the group.

Thank you for sharing that. That definitely seems to be the "Power Team" for a personal lines agent, mortgage broker and realtor with some tradesmen.

I would start your own group outside of BNI. I joined a BNI and then after being in it for three month the group dissolved. There was some issues with the group and it was falling apart before I joined. I was pretty pissed because I dropped 600 buck to be in the group and only received a couple referrals but after seeing how the process worked I decided to try and start my own group.Through linkedin I reached out to mortgage brokers, real estate agents and Financial Advisors to see who would be interested in starting a group. I wasn't expecting much but I got a ton of responses and after meeting with a few of them we started a group last April the now has 15 members. We also cut out the fees and BS stricture BNI makes you do. I would try this and see what happens

BNI and Le Tip are pretty are good but they can get a bit stuffy, expensive, and it can feel like your being pressured to find referrals. I've always found better luck with smaller networking organizations. Out here in PA they have Professional Referral Exchange which I've been a part of with the same group for over 2 years. It's been pretty valuable and I've built some great relationships from it. Master Networks is also a good national brand for this.

Back