Boehner vs. ObamaCare: Lawsuit Given Green Light.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
U.S. House of Rep. vs. Burwell: Lawsuit Given Green Light.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Here we go again...

""Today, a federal district judge delivered a blow to the Obama administration, ruling that the House Republican lawsuit against ObamaCare can move forward.

“The Court concludes that the House has standing to pursue those constitutional claims,” Judge Rosemary Collyer wrote in a 43-page decision.

The ruling is an early victory for Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), who has repeatedly touted the lawsuit to his conference. It also gives new hope to Republicans who have been so far stymied in their efforts to dismantle the five-year-old healthcare law.

“I am grateful to the Court for ruling that this historic overreach can be challenged by the coequal branch of government with the sole power to create or change the law,” Boehner wrote in a statement Wednesday.

Still, the court cautioned that Wednesday’s ruling should not be seen as a sign that either side will win the case.""

Source: GOP scores early win in ObamaCare lawsuit | TheHill

ac

Last edited:
Remember the House Republican’s Lawsuit Against Obamacare? An Important Victory in the Case.

This is the one that will do Obamacare in. The President just can't write checks to insurance companies because they lose money on Obamacare. Only the House writes appropriations bills.

Actually I'll probably be wrong and the idiots on the supreme court will throw this out too.

I admit, this is the first attack on O-care that actually has a chance of succeeding. I even agree that it should be decided in the courts. However, I doubt it will be decided quickly, so Obama won't even be in office. Best case scenario for the Republicans, Hillary is in the office and takes the heat. Worst case, a Republican wins the presidency and everyone blames them for the dominoes that would fall.

Do any Republicans really want the best case scenario to involve Hillary in the White House?

Do any Republicans really want the best case scenario to involve Hillary in the White House?

Hillary in office is already a worse case scenario, regardless of what happens before or after.

I really can't see a new president taking the blame for the repercussions of court decisions concerning their predecessors bad legislation.

I'm always amazed at the vitriolic hatred that non-health agents have toward ACA.

It is understandable why health agents hate it because they can't make much money with it. But life/FE and P/C and annuity agents? I don't get it.

I've also always wondered what would happen if Congress repeals the MLR restraint and agents were given 30% comp on ACA plans first year and 15% renewal, would agents love ACA?

Someone talked about worst-case scenario. Well I guess the worst to many here would be if somehow the Democrats won controlling majorities in Congress and also won the White House and then ACA is declared void. Don't you think they would then scrap it and pass a single-payer system with no involvement with insurance carriers and agents beyond maybe selling supplements?

"To be, or not to be,—that is the question:—"
Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act 3, scene 1

Man these dang Republicans are going to alienate all their big money buddies pulling this crap. Big Pharma, Hospital Chains, Insurance companies, Medical Equipment makers ect...........where are they going to get money in the future??

Law Firms:D

Hillary in office is already a worse case scenario, regardless of what happens before or after.

I really can't see a new president taking the blame for the repercussions of court decisions concerning their predecessors bad legislation.

Obama has gotten the blame from some people for Katrina and the fiscal budget from before he took office. Americans have a very short attention span. It's always the fault of the person in front of them right now.

Back