boiler rooms operations

JE INSURANCE

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Orlando
my friend works at a company where he makes around 200 calls a day and only speaks to about 10-15 people or so..my quetion being indy is how can i afford to spend that much on leads and only speak to that many people?? im new so i might not know what im talking about but is this the norm??

how does someone compete with that type of volume?

The market is huge, competition is largely what you make of it.

Automated dialers do 90% of the work. Alsky has a great affordable multi line web based dialer, and there are other tools as well.

Using technology you can do 10X as much work with the same effort.

As for the lead issue - that is a financial issue and another topic all together.

my friend works at a company where he makes around 200 calls a day and only speaks to about 10-15 people or so..my question being indy is how can i afford to spend that much on leads and only speak to that many people?? im new so i might not know what im talking about but is this the norm??

Compete in the smartest way, get live call transfers, talk to five people, write 1 to 3 of them, hopefully. Less work, more money, it doesn't take 200 people, if you speak to the right six, isn't that better?

thanx TX, im just wondering if i have to buy 200 leads a day like they do? that seems like a lot

Last edited:
That is correct - tons of variables, lead quality is a big issue.

There is a balance between quantity and quality.

You need to throw some mud around and see what sticks.

my friend works at a company where he makes around 200 calls a day and only speaks to about 10-15 people or so..my quetion being indy is how can i afford to spend that much on leads and only speak to that many people?? im new so i might not know what im talking about but is this the norm??

200 calls a day, talking to 10-15 people - he's cold calling, not buying leads and responding to them.

If you buy 10-15 leads a day, and really work them, you'll do pretty well (depending on the leads). Ironically, a lot of people buy leads and don't work them, then say the leads suck. I know, I run into this from time to time. Buy some leads, call them once, don't get through, and never make it back to call the second or third times. Of course, this is why I don't buy many leads anymore.

It's all about what is important and what resources you have. Cold calling is pretty inexpensive way to get started. Buying leads can go through some $$$ pretty quick, but you can expand your effectiveness at the same time.

For the life of me, I can't figure out a way to make call transfers work for me. I'm on the phone 6 hours a day, they will get my voicemail.

Dan

I would agree your friend is cold calling.

Yesterday I called about 40 companies (cold call) and got about 3 legit leads out of it. I do my cold calling a bit different. I call and get a contact name to send information to the oldschool way with snail mail.

I would say your math is about right on.

One form of marketing that is cheap is to door knock.
Selling indiviudal plans go hit up all the hair salons around you. For some reason there is always few people in there that need health insurance. Those girls make good money so the plans will stay on the books for a while.

200 calls a day, talking to 10-15 people - he's cold calling, not buying leads and responding to them.

If you buy 10-15 leads a day, and really work them, you'll do pretty well (depending on the leads). Ironically, a lot of people buy leads and don't work them, then say the leads suck. I know, I run into this from time to time. Buy some leads, call them once, don't get through, and never make it back to call the second or third times. Of course, this is why I don't buy many leads anymore.

It's all about what is important and what resources you have. Cold calling is pretty inexpensive way to get started. Buying leads can go through some $$$ pretty quick, but you can expand your effectiveness at the same time.

For the life of me, I can't figure out a way to make call transfers work for me. I'm on the phone 6 hours a day, they will get my voicemail.

Dan

I'd like to correct something. There's a company in Florida, has a dialer, buys a ton of leads from multiple sources and feeds them to the agents, and they speak to double digits on a regular basis. They're also losing money with every breath so he may not be cold calling 200 times a day to speak to 15.

One form of marketing that is cheap is to door knock. Selling indiviudal plans go hit up all the hair salons around you. For some reason there is always few people in there that need health insurance. Those girls make good money so the plans will stay on the books for a while.

Excellent idea.

Just about anything is better (and far more effective) than cold calling...

Back