Bolder Leads - Any Tips

mfox82

I work for an Allstate agent and we have been using Bolder Leads on and off for the last few years. We sell some here and there but for the most part never reach a large amount of them. I hear other agents out there that have great success with them, and was wondering if there is anyone out there that can give me some tips?

Is it these guys? I don't know anything about them, but I like their sense of humor.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,arial,sans-serif]Nikki Weese is Vice President of Morale at Bolder Calls. She doesn't work very hard, but her ability to notify us when the postman arrives and her uncanny ability to cheer someone up on a bad day makes her a very important member of our staff! In her spare time, Nikki enjoys walks with Vic and Karyn, barking at strangers, eating dog treats and visiting staff members in the call center.[/FONT]

I am using them now - in my third month for P/C. It's more than paying for itself though it's a crap shoot with the quality of lead I get. I get the feeling Bolder pushes them pretty hard to submit to a quote! I am getting at least a 4 to 1 return on my money with Bolder so far. I agree it's what you do with the lead that makes the sale so I continue to try to reach them if unsuccessful the first 3 days, etc.

(I've found it difficult to reach the lead back so make it a point to call them back around the same time/day they were reached by Bolder as this may be a day off or a time they are home for lunch). I've noticed they call between 830am to 630p...and I seem to get a lot of retired, unemployed, disabled, etc. Admittedly, not all bad prospects but not my ideal market. It would be nice to see some evening/weekend contacts also.

Those I can't get a hold of or close I've put into a trickle mailing campaign and am already seeing some call backs.

I am exploring other options to supplement these leads.

Good luck!

What are you using for the mailer?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you find it an issue at all that Bolder does not list current coverages on the lead?

Last edited:
I am not using any mailers other than a thank you letter along with the quote on my own if I cannot get the business or make contact after reasonable attempts.

I would be nice for Bolder to list the deductibles. I am able to see their current liability coverage through the reports we pull as we run the quote. I usually quote a $1,000 deductible and clarify what they have when I have them on the phone. This gives me the opportunity to either get them into the office so I can sell myself with the right coverage. It's not a perfect system and I am working to tweak it. There is one agent in the company that is closing over 40% of them! He's a former used car salesman so I hope his retention sticks. :o)

MFox,
I started using bolder a couple of weeks ago. I have received about ten leads and haven't been able to contact any of them. I don't like how they don't get an e-mail address because it could be that these people are at work during my business hours. I have a spot on all mine for an e-mail, but always says they don't have one. I haven't done any mailers to them because I have heard from other agents in my area that they dropped bolder because all contacts they had said they weren't looking for a quote, but instead to get the other person off the phone.

Back