Book of Business when You Leave an Independent Agency

Agent equity has now brought back to life a few OLD threads.......:1err::nah::swoon::no::goofy::1arghh::nah::swoon::no:

He is a newbie on the site. He is reading the similar thread on the bottom of the page. They still have some merit. It doesn't bother me.

He is a newbie on the site. He is reading the similar thread on the bottom of the page. They still have some merit. It doesn't bother me.

He joined a year ago. Now that he has 20 worthless posts he finally has his link in a signature file.

I tend to doubt if he'll post again.

Rick

He joined a year ago. Now that he has 20 worthless posts he finally has his link in a signature file.

I tend to doubt if he'll post again.

Rick

As RBA mentions, I am active on a number of forums. Having been in the industry for over 20 years, I enjoy discussion various agency related isues and seeing peole succeed. I wish you the best, it's great to see you post on this forum and hope to see more of you replies.

Excellent point, but if the agency paid this producer as an independent contractor and do not have as contract, the producer will more than likely be able legally take the book and the agency probably would not have a leg to stand on.
I'm dealing with this exact situation now, I'm an independent agent, no contract, nice book of group business. After many years of loyalty, asked to sign an agreement that only benefited the broker, I walked and my faithful clients went with me. Now I'm being sued and my lawyer says he doesn't have a leg to stand on. No contract, no worries.

i would say your both stupid for not signing a contract,
As far as I'm concerned I was a newbie when I started, didn't know the first thing about contracts. I just worked my ass off and believed that he would keep his word. I was young and inexperienced in the sales side of insurance. He figured I didn't have the guts to stick up for myself, as I am a woman and have never been all that assertive. But sometimes we are put into a position to do something that is uncomfortable or risk being stepped on and all your hard work taken from you. For me, I'm lucky I didn't sign a contract.

Back